Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Im going to scuba

Default Im going to scuba

Im going to scuba dive and skin dive and i wanna fish afterwards ill be in the malibu area so im going to surf fish what should i use. :D ps no i will not search the forums

where will you be fishing?

Default Re: Im going to scuba

Quote Originally Posted by Robert trout hunter
    ps no i will not search the forums

Atta boy Robert....... keep up the hard work. :roll:

There are a bunch of great surf fisherman on this board (and I'm sure not one of them! LOL).........& #46;... BUT, I will offer up some things that I like to use and then defer to the guys who really know what their doing! :lol:

For the Perchies, YFC's etc........ I like using a #6 Mosquito hook... and I usually use a 1/2oz - 1oz sliding egg sinker depending on the conditions...... obviously the stronger the current, the heavier I go....... heavy surf=heavier weight which helps keep your bait in the strike zone longer.....IMO

I like 6lb P-Line .......... .. and I use different length leaders depending on conditions... the heavier the surf, the shorter the leader for me.

I use various baits and lures....... I like using Big Hammer Perch Grubs in MORF, GULP "Camo" sandworms......Crocodile's , Kastmasters....etc...

When I use the Camo Sandworms, I like using the 6" version........as that allows me to cut them into three pieces. I use 2" pieces each time.....

There are a couple good ways to put the camo worm on the hook, I prefer the way Ive shown below:

Good luck!

Default reply

hey RTH , if your going scuba or skin diving youll need a good spear gun , i know surf fishing has its own merits but hunting under water is bad as# . after a couple of succesful dives youll be to tired to surf fish ,lol

Well im 13 and my dive instructor has spear guns but i highly dought hell let me use them :( also my dad dosn't agree with spearing poor helpless creatures but ill see if i can