Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Valley Lake Thurs. April 30th 2009 Pics

Default Diamond Valley Lake Thurs. April 30th 2009 Pics

So I hit up DVL once again this week for a more extended session. Made the ever dangerous hike down the rock quarry area and settled in. First cast First Fish. I Didn't even have time to finish setting up my 2nd pole. I had one setup with 20 lb cajun red n another with 10 lb trilene xt and to my surprise the cajun red only got bit about 3 times and landed just 1 fish. Not surprised the lighter line got bit more just that cajun red usually does much much better than all others for me.

Anyways, my next couple of casts didn't produce a run and I wasn't really giving the fish chances to find the bait if I wasn't getting bit fast I was recasting because I just knew there were a ton of fish in there. On my 2nd cat which was a solid 9 pound fish I looked in the water and saw 2 other catfish one of which were a good 15-20 pounds swimming in alongside the fish I was catching, plus another decent sized trout which with the size fish out there could've easily been a meal. It was actually kinda trippy to see that happen several times throughout the day one of the times there were either 2 trouts or a trout and a bass following my fish in. But it had to be 2 trout because I've already seen first hand what the Bass do to the trout in this lake.

I had a couple of double headers only managing to succeed on both fish 1 time and the longest I went without a bite was about an hour... maybe. I also ended up snagging a 13 plus pound channel that was running of with my bait on the bottom of his head.
    I ended the day early with 10 Catfish but the real challenge was just beginning. Hiking up the rock Quarry with 80 pounds plus of Catfish a backpack 2 rods and 2000000 rattlesnakes ha. I did manage to make it to the top alive after a looong time. Went in and weighed my 3 biggest fish which were 13.8 lbs 13.5 lbs and 12.2 lbs. When I got done with that the game warden had just arrived in his shiny new truck. I had all my fish on display on the picnic table with many onlookers when he asks for my license. I'm like sure no prob look or where i had it pinned on and... ooops no longer there. So i had to fess up n be like man I had it on just a while ago it must have came off while I crawled up the rocks. He basically gives me the yea right look n I'm pissed i gotta get a new license and now could be facing a huuuge ticket. I'm searching through my camera for a pic of me with my license when the ranger comes up there and I tell him what happened. The ranger tells the Warden he has seen me at the lake before with my license on several occasions and the warden decides to let me slide. PHEW! So the warden, the Ranger, the security guard and many others all gawk at my fish. I give several away (1 to the ranger) while I'm waiting for my roommate to come pick me up. Was a great deal of fun out there on the water even if I did have to hike and get stressed some at the end.

Last edited by catfishruss; 05-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.

nice hawgs, looks like one hell of a day

Incredible day huh!
    WOW

Gheez how in hte world did you carry that all the way back to the marina store?!?! Nice kitties though.

WOW ! Nice job on the pussies.. The gem looks real good.

GREAT REPORT , the pics are great no doubt . you are lucky with the CFG as there is usuasly a citation for something like this . NICE CATCH OF FISH , water looks real clean .

Your Kitty report has to be the best this year, congrats on some nice healthy looking fish.

Nice Cats! I gotta get me some of those cats from there one of these day. Thanks for the report.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Gheez how in hte world did you carry that all the way back to the marina store?!?! Nice kitties though.
    Man it was a serious struggle. All I can say is just don't look up to see how far you go and before you know it your half way up. I carried them all in my jacket where i tied the arms together and pulled the hood inside. Killed my fishing jacket but I have like 4 more just like it ha. But ya the worst stretch is the last stretch because you can see the top but it FEELS so far away lol.

Ok so I guess the fish fry is at your place!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast