Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Evening Secret

Default Evening Secret

Ok, I keep seeing the ads here on FNN for that "Evening Secret"
    I am pretty convinced that it a crappy gimmick but is there anyone here willing to admit they ordered it?

never bought one or ever will. I think its just a little light the you stick in the water and it attracts bait fish.

I've seen the video, its a green light (shhhhhhh thats the secret) if you do alot of night fishing then I would look into it

it think this one is for permanent placing

http://www.thegreenmonsterfishinglight.com/

or here for a portable one

http://www.hydroglow.com/products.html

i've only fished with the cheapy ones from walmart (foam with light bulb in it and it floats on the surface of the water)

Honestly, a bright LED flashlight will work just as well, and it is FAR cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Honestly, a bright LED flashlight will work just as well, and it is FAR cheaper.
    I was thinking the same, I have a scuba light that I can put a green roscoe filter over the lens, tie it to some line and toss it out there.
    But then again, I don't do much night fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by jim532 View Post
    I was thinking the same, I have a scuba light that I can put a green roscoe filter over the lens, tie it to some line and toss it out there.
    But then again, I don't do much night fishing.
    That should work fine. The whole thing is you want to attract the small krill that bring baitfish in. Any light will accomplish this, green or not. But if you don't night fish, I'd say it's a moot point. It doesn't really work during the day.