Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Official unofficial Yankee thread for "the Angler"

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    MAN WHAT A CLOSE GAME

it could be, but they also said that prior to that play he had stepped on the bag all the other times. it coulda went both ways. IMO i think u have to step on the bag for an out. not hover over a bag and expect the person to be out at 2nd.
    Agreed look in the rule book you have to either tag the runner out or step on the bag he did neither, Im going to hear about this play all next year as the play that cost angels the ALCS!

Other than that, This game has to be one of the best Ball games I have ever watched in my life. It was 1 for the books, Fortunetly the Yanks came out on top.

Just like I said " The Yanks are going to sweep through the whole postseason & world series"

GO YANKEES

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Agreed look in the rule book you have to either tag the runner
    Just like I said " The Yanks are going to sweep through the whole postseason & world series"

NO YANKEES
    You couldn't have really believed that^

Quote Originally Posted by wellbilldancesays View Post
    You couldn't have really believed that^
    Actually I did, cant belive Angels came through today

This series IS the worldseries this year hands down

10-1 domination today looks like its going to be Yanks Vs Phillies.

Today the Evil Empire Will let the Fate of the angels be the same of the Dodgers.

Only if the dont put in Aceves as the closer again damn this guy is garbage

its 6-4....the yanks are a couple innings away from the SHIP

gotta say lackey held it down til he was pulled.
    [IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1952/osiitoavatorat7.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6360/38134035pg5.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8875/28244273hx0.jpg[/img][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4591/trophiesal2.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Agreed look in the rule book you have to either tag the runner out or step on the bag he did neither, Im going to hear about this play all next year as the play that cost angels the ALCS!
    Judging from this statement, it's safe to say you haven't played baseball in any type of legitimate league or really don't know the nuances of the game.

At 2nd base, umpires will rarely call safe when the middle infielder is not touching the bag unless

1. It is blatant and obvious
    2. It is just a force out at 2nd and the middle infielder is not on the bag.

It's no wonder Tim McArver and the rest of the Fox Yankee lovers announcers repeated, "I really hope that call at 2nd doesn't affect the outcome of the game" about 15 times during that inning, because even they knew that it was BS. If it "was in the rule book," the guys in the booth wouldn't have been squirming and trying to look away for that entire inning.

ANY avid baseball watcher knows that this happens on almost a daily basis during the regular season. The second baseman or shortstop is ‘close enough’ to the bag while turning a double play and it is an automatic out. It’s called the neighborhood play and I’d say 99 out of 100 times an umpire calls the runner out. But for some reason Jerry Layne decided that in the biggest game of the year that it was time to be ‘that guy’ and called Cabrera safe.

Garbage call, but garbage calls have been all over during the post season.

Here's another way to look at it:

How often to NBA referees call a foul on a last second shot? How many times have you seen the like of Kobe Bryant drive the lane, get HACKED, and the foul never gets called? According to the NBA rule books, there should be a foul, but the referees eat the whistle and rarely blow it, as they don't want a game to be decided in that manner.

So spare me the "it's in the rule book" comment. I thought you were a baseball fan.

And congratulations on your team buying their way into the World Series this year. You've 'earned' it.

This is the active thread! WOW what a series! And management call right at the time both sides and when it turns on you all of a sudden bad call!! Good (world series!) looking foward to game in ny!

Darkshadow i know your a little pissed cause your team isnt going to the ship but oh ****** well. YES U DO HAVE TO TAG THE BASE ON A FORCE OUT OR TAG THE RUNNER PLAIN & SIMPLE.

Plus your ignorant claims of me not knowing the sport or having ever played it is pure stupidity on your part. So go google your Rules and you will learn the reason why that stupid UNOFFICIAL rule was implemented at second base. SOME umpires would call the runners out without the player getting tagged or tagging the base Why u ask? Because they didnt want to risk the runners colliding with the defenders. Which is bullshit, Why u ask take this for example

u got a runner on 3rd base the base's are loaded the batter up bunts the ball down the first base line , the catcher gets the ball about a foot from home plate and doesnt tag the runner coming from third nor does he tag the base throws the ball to first gets the out but complains that the runner that has just scored wasnt called out because he was hovering above the bag when he threw the ball.why didnt the blue call him out? Oh yea because he didnt tag the runner or step on home plate (Oh yea the The Angels are Batting)

Stop bitching like a little girl the call was made its over and done with Angels won yesterday and from the likes of that game with a score of 11-1 i dont think that call would have made a difference since they got creamed even with the BS call that swisher ran early.

Angler!! You go girl!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast