Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    where did this post come from haha... i dont think all drugs should be legal, things that are man made or chemically altured should be illegal. like needle drugs and nose drugs.. i for one think pot should be legal but taxed so uncle sam makes his dollar.. i mean pot is some what legal with a medical card but thats only state law, the feds can still bust you. now if the feds were smart they would figure out that they can make a lot of money WHAT OUR COUNTRY NEEDS RIGHT NOW..one or 2 medical stores per city and garenteed enough money would be made to beautifiy the city and what ever other needs...not counting the 150$ annual fee for a card...im all for it! pass the peace pipe and lets go fish.......unlike them bank robbin crack heads
    THE FEDERAL GOV WILL NO LONGER ATTACK MARIJUANA PATIENTS! The US Attorney General has already made it clear that it will NOT PROSECUTE Legitimate patients and caregivers. The DEA tried to FORCE the issue by spending MILLIONS on various raids and busts just after Obama became elected. In turn Obama had his newly appointed Attorney General outline federal policy. THE FEDS CAN BUST YOU, BUT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL NOT WASTE OUR TAX DOLLARS PROSECUTING YOU ANYMORE!

No matter how legal you make pot,you'll still get dumb when you smoke it!

this outta get interesting :)

Quote Originally Posted by JENSEN500 View Post

this outta get interesting :)
    Prolly not, as the discussion is about the legalization, and not the side effects of narcotics.

DRUGS are bad...UMMKAY...SO...Dont do drugs...Cuz there bad...UMMMKAY!!
    If you do drugs... Your bad...So dont be bad...Dont do drugs...Cuz there bad... UMMKAY!!

Default Norml

Legalizing weed is a no brainer. The money this state spends on law enforcement would be greatly reduced. It would eliminate the plant and crop erradication task force that spends millions for helicopters and support vehicles. Not to mention the officers that could be doing something a little more important. Also it would make destroying National Forest land to grow pot go away. The revenues gained by taxation of something that is being bought and consumed anyway would help with the budget shortfalls in Sacremento. Also seems to me that it's constitutionaly wrong to allow smoking cigarettes and cigars and discriminating against marijuana. As far as all druds being legalized I'm not so sure. I will say that making drugs illegal creates more crime in my opinion. The problem is the destructive nature of some of these drugs (meth, crack, and heroin to name a few) inherently creates other social problems. Legalize the weed and prosecute the chemicals I think.

I agree with all of these points, Marijuana and Prostitution should be legalized.

The government will be able to tax it and get a constant source of income.

For the prostitution you will be able to bring the violence out of the industry and clean it up. They will also be able to tax this HEAVILY.

Ok. BTW, Waterbound; dont insult others. If you are going to insult me and others on here who post, dont post. You have no idea who I am, and I dont know you, DO NOT PLAY AD HOMINEM BULLSHIT. Thats not the idea here, and thats not logic. Judge not lest you be judged yourself.

That being said, I do hear the point on certain drugs and violent crime. Its proven in many cases, no doubt. But what percentage of those crimes are dealer related I wonder? It would be interesting to see those stats, IMO.
    I'd also rather see our law enforcement fighting true drug dealers and criminals, not 15 year old kids selling and consuming pot. IMHO, eliminate the issue pot dealing and smoking brings up, and you allow more funds and therefore more successful prevention of other illegal substances.

The trends of use in heroin, crack, and other chemical drugs, with the exception of methamphetamines, have gone down in the last decade. Hence the reason the cartels in Mexico deal a majority in marijuana anymore. The US junkie demand has gone down incredibly on "hard" drugs. Obviously, I never would state to legalize meth. Its easy to find the substances needed produce illegally, dangerous to make, mentally and physically dangerous, and the potential for violent crime is increased. AS I stated in a earlier post here

Someone brought up my credibility. Im not a user, true. Im not involved in drug counter culture, also true. But I do attend UC Santa Cruz, one of the more liberal schools on drug use. Thats where this thread came from. I see it daily, and yesterday being the most prevalent day of the year for smoking, I thought it fit. Yes, people will say its college and it will happen, no doubt. But I also see, hear of, and know of dealers here who don't deal just pot but hard and dangerous prescription drugs also. Luckily, several of those people have been caught. But the issue still weighed heavily on my mind, and hence, I thought I would ask the opinion of those here on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Prolly not, as the discussion is about the legalization, and not the side effects of narcotics.
    True, but why not discuss the side effects of legalization!

But i'd hate to complicate this thread,after all, multi-tasking is not a Pot-Heads strong point!

Quote Originally Posted by JENSEN500 View Post
    True, but why not discuss the side effects of legalization!
    People are discussing the various side effects of legalization through out the thread.

The positive side effects that have been mentioned include increased tax revenue, decrease in certain crimes, freed up resources for law enforcement...

I think you can scratch that increased tax revenue, Pot isnt very hard to grow. I can only imagine how many will have pot gardens if it was legal to do so. Heck, If I can grow cigarettes in my backyard, I would. They can tax it in the stores all they want but who will be buying??

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast