Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post

"medical patient"?
    thats retarded,you know you don't need it dude....lol,,,It isn't a "herb","herb" is just a name people call it to seam more acceptable in our society....I believe it's not,,,
    i second that there is no real medical reason to smoke with all the other medications out there there is an alternative man come on if you just want to smoke and not get poped just say so if you do not have cancer and need it to ease the pain them stop making excuses and be real and if you are a cancer pacient i sorry for my comment

you know what man your right this is america you have the right to speak your mind sorry for my coment truely not trying to sound like a j.a.
    no problems man. i have no issues with you or your statements, was just putting it out there you know? its all good with me

im surprised how far this thread has progressed thus far without lots of name calling and brawls really

if you ask me, there is a medical use for cannabis. a lot of patients today develop either resistance to the standard pain meds they are originally dosed, or they become addicted to very dangerous ones like Vicodin or Oxycon. IMO, I dont see much difference whether a driver is on pot or just slammed back a couple Vicodins. Either way, they shouldn't be driving. When it comes down to side effects and similarly related issues, you'll often find marijuana and many modern pain medications really aren't that far off, the obvious difference being the high derived of course.

How many people with medical marijuana cards actually have it for a true medical nescesity? Probably less than %10. Anyone can give these doctors who have ads in LA Weekly $100 and go through the steps to get one of these cards without any hassle. When you drive by these dispenceries all you see are straight stoners going in and out. I'm glad those cards don't protect you from failing a drug test in the workplace. That would be a disaster.
    Anyways I don't judge individuals for smoking weed, I used to smoke it too, I still have friends that smoke but I've grown up and I think it's stupid.

ive got my legal medication so im good, aint no other drugs i need lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jim532 View Post
    How many people with medical marijuana cards actually have it for a true medical nescesity? Probably less than %10. .

i dont think thats true... i mean i dont have a card..yet i plant on getting it though..because after i got in a real bad car accident my back has been totally screwed up, i have back spasms all the time and cant stand for a long time without my back cramping and pressure building up...and all the doctors can do for me is get me vicoden, norcos ect.. and i for one and i bet a lot of others will agree that getting addicted to pills is a lot worse then smoking pot. and norcos or vics will take the pain away but also can put you on ur butt spinning and all dizzy..pot relaxes the muscles and doesnt give me the spins so that makes pot a plus in my book.....

you know the old saying god made dirt, so dirt dont hurt......well god made weed soooo it could be what we all need hahaha

i think its stupid..theres so much hype about people smoking pot when theres people using and selling coke, pcp,speed,herion,crack....can proly go on for ever but i guess you get the point...come on people theres a lot of worse things out there besides pot, but for some reason its the only thing anyone ever brings up..

even our governator is thinkin of making it legal to help out our econ.. growing and selling pot is a multi billion dollar industry that can help out our econ in more ways then people know..

come on people bring a new meaning to the saying "GO GREEN"
    Last edited by matt duarte; 05-08-2009 at 12:48 PM.

one more thing...if our governaitor convinces enough people to make it legal, all these people damning pot will proly be happy when all the "damned" people bring this econ back up to where it should be and more..

LMAO check out the ads at the top.

Drug Rehab, end addiction now.

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    100% agree with you dude! i smoke and i have plenty of friends that smoke...and not one of them or i would touch speed,pcp,any type of needle drugs.. so to say pot is the reason for everyone elses major drug habbit is BS! but one thing i have to disagree on with makersmark is about people going for the cheaper stuff in stores rather then the going to get it from there main man...i would defently not buy cheaper pot...cheaper pot= no taste cheaper pot= headache hahaha if its not kush its not worth it.....
    Trust me I wouldn't want the crap either, I mean you would be able to get the good stuff cheaply and legally, and with more convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    i dont think thats true... i mean i dont have a card..yet i plant on getting it though..because after i got in a real bad car accident my back has been totally screwed up, i have back spasms all the time and cant stand for a long time without my back cramping and pressure building up...and all the doctors can do for me is get me vicoden, norcos ect.. and i for one and i bet a lot of others will agree that getting addicted to pills is a lot worse then smoking pot. and norcos or vics will take the pain away but also can put you on ur butt spinning and all dizzy..pot relaxes the muscles and doesnt give me the spins so that makes pot a plus in my book.....

you know the old saying god made dirt, so dirt dont hurt......well god made weed soooo it could be what we all need hahaha

i think its stupid..theres so much hype about people smoking pot when theres people using and selling coke, pcp,speed,herion,crack....can proly go on for ever but i guess you get the point...come on people theres a lot of worse things out there besides pot, but for some reason its the only thing anyone ever brings up..

even our governator is thinkin of making it legal to help out our econ.. growing and selling pot is a multi billion dollar industry that can help out our econ in more ways then people know..

come on people bring a new meaning to the saying "GO GREEN"

Matt sorry to hear about your back. I can relate to the pill popping back therapy as I got hooked over a ten year period. The narcotics for back injuries can be very heavy even when taken according to instructions. I was on Oxy, Morphine, Vicoden, Codine, Celebrex and god knows how many different muscle relaxers. I never exceeded the perscribed amounts but after surgery I had server DTs. You are right that there are some reasonable medical uses for pot and in cases like yours, or mine before sugery, medical marjauna would be a good idea. The problem with this that I see is the distibuters/ doctors sale to people without a real need. I know you said you do not believe that 90% do not have a need but I have seen the abuse first hand via my son and his friends. If they want to leagelize pot for medical reasons and would insure the need prior to giving the treetment then I am with them. I know that here in Bakersfield the medicinal marajauna outlets got shutdown and were charged for illegal dealing. Even when legalized the lure of easy money overrides the law.

The "BS" is getting deep in here.

I would venture off the top of my head that probably 99% of marijuana smokers do NOT have a legitimate (American Medical Association) medical need for cannabis. Specifically, we are talking about cancer patients and sufferers of glaucoma.

I have yet to hear from a respected orthopod (and I have and continue to depose more than I ever care) recommend cannabis to relieve back pain. I would imagine smoking some pot would relieve some generalized pain, but so would alcohol, or any other similar depressant. Marijuana is NOT a scientifically/medically sanctioned/recommended modality to treat back pain.

For argument sake, if in fact marijuana was such the panacea cure for back pain, wouldn't it make sense that doctors would recommend it versus risking opioid addiction (as an example among many modalities) to their patients???

That being said, I could conceivably turn a blind eye to the senior citizen who might toke up because he/she benefits from the mild analgesic effect cannabis brings (and perhaps the fact pills are difficult on the stomache), however, listening to otherwise healthy stoners proffer a "medical need" is plain old BS. It's disingenuous.

If you are healthy and smoke it, fine. No problems with me so long as you are willing to face the potential legal, monetary and employment consequences (as I do when I drink)....just don't sell me on the BS medical excuses unless you have cancer or your eyeballs are fogging up.

(no personal attack on you Matt D....I hear this lame argument all to often)

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast