Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    It wasnt my first time with weed but then again I was never really a fan of it either. Always made me sleepy and that was it. Smoked it mainly to be manly.
    weed isn't for everyone. drinking isn't for everyone. nothing is for "everyone".
    i just hate people who dont get weed, and judge us for it.

some people smoke and get tired. some people get hyper. some people are normal.

it all depends on what your smoking too.
    how many people know that there are different effects to weed?

a Sativa will make you alert, non sleepy, with more of a head high.
    Indica will knock you out or relax your body very well.
    than theres HYBRIDS, which obviously will have both effects depeding on how the cross breeding went.

and you can get ALOT more complex.
    Theres different levels of Sativa, Indica, And Hybrid.
    Some "strains" are really heavy and some not so much.

Ive been a medical patient since i was 18, and was smoking long befor that. ive worked in the clinics aswell. ive smoked literally hundreds of different kinds of weed. Ive even grown more than youve ever seen.

people should read up on herb. its a wonderful thing........

I don't smoke anymore, but I have many friends that do.

"Name 1 pot smoker that has achieved maintained his financial status and lifestyle."

Of course I won't 'name names' but unless you are worth 7-8 figures, I have a couple of friends that may make your 'status and lifestyle' seem miniscule in comparison.

"They can legalize marijuana but there will be one problem that will exist that exists with everything that is legal - There is a black market for everything and there always will be."

As opposed to NO black market now? It's ALL a black market now.

The list of harmful side affects provided earlier looks better than the side effects of the drugs I see on t.v. commercials.

I guess I really dont care if they make it legal or not. It wont affect my life in any way and I don't take stands AGAINST other's desires.

I believe the pot user's best argument for legalization is to compare it to booze.

U.S. statesman Lyndon LaRouche says,

"The legalization of drugs in the name of, for example, so-called harm reduction, is a complete fraud. When the drugs destroy the person, they destroy the mind. They weaken the person's ability to function. This happened with the Chinese, who suffered a great crisis from this. China was sent down, backwards, culturally, by this. And any part of the world that's grabbed by the drug traffic, is sent down culturally. So, the traffic in drugs, narcotics like cocaine, opium and so forth, the synthetics—this traffic is a mass murderer of individuals, is a mass murderer of nations. Any toleration for legalization of drugs is implicitly a crime against humanity."

I agree with LaRouche.
    Having used pot for 23 years and having used crank for at least 3 of those and having taken about every drug that was offered 20 years ago, I feel I have a certain expertise on this subject.
    I know what pot does. It makes people (like me) lazy and apathetic. It turns overachievers into underachievers. Oh, I know, there are some of you that will disagree, you haven't experienced it in YOUR lives. I say B.S.. Really, who are you trying to kid here? I have been there and done that and you aren't going to B.S. a B. S.er.
    I haven't even touched on what other drugs do. It's not the craziness shown in "reefer Madness" and other period films about drugs. No, it's the subtle physical and mental changes that take place and begin to control a persons actions after long term usage..
    Do you really want people to have ready access to drugs that would cause such immense sociological problems? Also, research has shown that legalization would cause an immediate increase in the amount of users. Do you really want more people under the influence interacting with us every day? These people will be going to work perhaps or driving cars, or who knows what else.
    And as for more treatment centers paid for by taxes on drugs. What kind of life changing disaster in the addicts life is going to stimulate his wanting treatment if you have taken away the threat of arrest and jail. Legalizing drugs is just one more way of stimulating acceptance of addiction as being normal in our society! The addict has no reason to clean up. Since it is now legal, his family is even going to be taken care of because, after all, he's just sick isn't he? His family will have one less reason to make him leave or seek treatment, after all, he isn't doing anything illegal is he?
    Just my thoughts.......

just not on a fishing website

just not on a fishing website lol
    Pretty simple really. If you dont like it, dont post. Fishing site this may be, but this is the general discussion board. The more narrow minded one is about life, the less one can learn. Appropriate or not, this is an issue in America today. I brought it up because it interested me at the time, and I wanted to hear what others thoughts, not attacks on credibility or simplistic answers.

Txcurry, I do agree to you to some extent. But my issue lies in the fact this comes down to, IMHO, that we are trying to regulate morals. That is where, IMO, we are wrong. You can't dictate law through moral compass. I understand your points about the sociological issues surrounding drugs, very true in a lot of cases. But, I hate to bring it up again, alcohol is a drug too essentially, with more than obvious sociological issues. But when you stop spending money on enforcement of drug laws, I believe you have more opportunities to improve rehab centers and similiar institutions, in the effort to help users with their issues.

I find Mr. LaRouche presents a double edged sword. He wishes that drug traffic be kept illegal as it is a primary cause of cultural degradation. Does he think the illlegal trafficking going on is somehow different? Mexico and much of South America is in dead lock with a full scale drug war. A lot has gone to hell down there, more than just culture. Widespread killings and corruption based on the cartels. Yet are we going to allow our neighbor destroy itself, simply because we want to preserve the "cultural" integrity of ourselves? Seems rather vain and like nationalistic sentiments, if you ask me. But, the is just MY TWO CENTS.

LaRouche made that statement in Columbia in regards to cocaine trafficking (note he clarified his statement by pointing out 'synthetics')

It sounds like you went through a lot in your life an I am glad that the worst seems behind you now. What I read into your post is that you smoked weed for a long time and then started doing crank, which I imagine was your downfall. I'm not saying you should smoke weed again, I'm saying it doesn't lead to harder drugs for everyone. As far as a 'gateway drug', isn't it like saying that kissing leads to pregnancy? Chances are a teenager had the one before the other, but was the kissing the cause of little Sally's pregnancy? No, it was intercourse. Should we ban kissing for minors because it leads some to go further?

If my sister was killed by her cronically drunk husband one night, is it reasonable for me to try and outlaw drinking for everyone?

Oh, crank was especially hard on me but, pot was what always held me back.
    As far as alcohol is concerned, look at the problems this legal drug presents;
    .Death on the highways, too many are a direct result of alcohol use.
    .Spousal and child abuse, far too much is directly attributable to alcohol
    .Not to mention the cost to business because of alcohol related absences and mistakes that are directly the result of alcohol
    .Take a look at the prisons, far too many crimes are committed under the influence of alcohol.
    Then there is the "Big Lie" about prohibition, that prohibition created more problems than it solved. This is simply not true, I did some research on this and the fact is, crime went down during prohibition, way down. This is a statistical fact. We legalized alcohol after Roosevelt got into office simply to create more jobs, it was simply a matter of economics.
    This drug is legal, and you want to add more drugs and ,more problems.? Are you nuts?
    Look at the cost that cigarettes have placed on society because of cancer and Emphysema. And that drug isn't mind altering! There's no end to the health problems created by all the other drugs. This would be a great burden on our health care system which is already taxed to the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by CASTAWAY View Post
    sounds like you need a little dank bro....
    I'd rather shoot myself,,,lol,,,

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    Ive been a medical patient since i was 18, and was smoking long befor that. ive worked in the clinics aswell. ive smoked literally hundreds of different kinds of weed. Ive even grown more than youve ever seen.

people should read up on herb. its a wonderful thing........

"medical patient"?
    thats retarded,you know you don't need it dude....lol,,,It isn't a "herb","herb" is just a name people call it to seam more acceptable in our society....I believe it's not,,,

Quote Originally Posted by txcurry View Post
    U.S. statesman Lyndon LaRouche says,

"The legalization of drugs in the name of, for example, so-called harm reduction, is a complete fraud. When the drugs destroy the person, they destroy the mind. They weaken the person's ability to function. This happened with the Chinese, who suffered a great crisis from this. China was sent down, backwards, culturally, by this. And any part of the world that's grabbed by the drug traffic, is sent down culturally. So, the traffic in drugs, narcotics like cocaine, opium and so forth, the synthetics—this traffic is a mass murderer of individuals, is a mass murderer of nations. Any toleration for legalization of drugs is implicitly a crime against humanity."

I agree with LaRouche.
    Having used pot for 23 years and having used crank for at least 3 of those and having taken about every drug that was offered 20 years ago, I feel I have a certain expertise on this subject.
    I know what pot does. It makes people (like me) lazy and apathetic. It turns overachievers into underachievers. Oh, I know, there are some of you that will disagree, you haven't experienced it in YOUR lives. I say B.S.. Really, who are you trying to kid here? I have been there and done that and you aren't going to B.S. a B. S.er.
    I haven't even touched on what other drugs do. It's not the craziness shown in "reefer Madness" and other period films about drugs. No, it's the subtle physical and mental changes that take place and begin to control a persons actions after long term usage..
    Do you really want people to have ready access to drugs that would cause such immense sociological problems? Also, research has shown that legalization would cause an immediate increase in the amount of users. Do you really want more people under the influence interacting with us every day? These people will be going to work perhaps or driving cars, or who knows what else.
    And as for more treatment centers paid for by taxes on drugs. What kind of life changing disaster in the addicts life is going to stimulate his wanting treatment if you have taken away the threat of arrest and jail. Legalizing drugs is just one more way of stimulating acceptance of addiction as being normal in our society! The addict has no reason to clean up. Since it is now legal, his family is even going to be taken care of because, after all, he's just sick isn't he? His family will have one less reason to make him leave or seek treatment, after all, he isn't doing anything illegal is he?
    Just my thoughts.......
    well said,I'm not experienced at all,haven't done drugs not even once,don't look forward either because I DO NOT NEED IT!

I want California to outlaw weed!

Quote Originally Posted by dockboy View Post
    Pretty simple really. If you dont like it, dont post. Fishing site this may be, but this is the general discussion board. The more narrow minded one is about life, the less one can learn. Appropriate or not, this is an issue in America today. I brought it up because it interested me at the time, and I wanted to hear what others thoughts, not attacks on credibility or simplistic answers.

Txcurry, I do agree to you to some extent. But my issue lies in the fact this comes down to, IMHO, that we are trying to regulate morals. That is where, IMO, we are wrong. You can't dictate law through moral compass. I understand your points about the sociological issues surrounding drugs, very true in a lot of cases. But, I hate to bring it up again, alcohol is a drug too essentially, with more than obvious sociological issues. But when you stop spending money on enforcement of drug laws, I believe you have more opportunities to improve rehab centers and similiar institutions, in the effort to help users with their issues.

I find Mr. LaRouche presents a double edged sword. He wishes that drug traffic be kept illegal as it is a primary cause of cultural degradation. Does he think the illlegal trafficking going on is somehow different? Mexico and much of South America is in dead lock with a full scale drug war. A lot has gone to hell down there, more than just culture. Widespread killings and corruption based on the cartels. Yet are we going to allow our neighbor destroy itself, simply because we want to preserve the "cultural" integrity of ourselves? Seems rather vain and like nationalistic sentiments, if you ask me. But, the is just MY TWO CENTS.
    you know what man your right this is america you have the right to speak your mind sorry for my coment truely not trying to sound like a j.a.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast