Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what happened at the Berkley Surf Fishing Contest.

Default So what happened at the Berkley Surf Fishing Contest.

So what happened at the Berkley Surf Fishing Contest at Huntington?

This is a question........&# 46; :nutkick:

It should go in the Saltwater General Message Section. :wink:
    :angry:

After pre-paying for the event, I didn't get to go :cry: ...... BUT,

XTranzMan told me that more fish were caught at "Granny's Surf City Rumble" than at the Gulp tourney. :shock:

I'm sure the tough conditions made it hard on everyone, but I still got feedback that everyone had a good time!

Hey G-Fish......... you have all our beer still?........&#46 ; or ya been tappin' the keg? :lol:

300 hundred anglers, and about 25 fish cought. conditions made it a really tough day. really windy, big surf, and STRONG current.
    good day meeting some fellow FNN'ers, Xtransman, fishsum, and a couple others past and present. alotta free stuff and the raffle was amazing. too bad i didnt win anything, but they raffled off some niceee stuff. all in all it was a decent day getting out there and getting some lines wet.

theres the report.

Ha Ha I made you answer a question in a reports section.
    I just thought no one would answer a surf report question in the general section.

Thanks, I feel better now. Knowing that I wouldn't have probably caught a thing helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rcfb73
    300 hundred anglers, and about 25 fish cought. conditions made it a really tough day. really windy, big surf, and STRONG current.
    good day meeting some fellow FNN'ers, Xtransman, fishsum, and a couple others past and present. alotta free stuff and the raffle was amazing. too bad i didnt win anything, but they raffled off some niceee stuff. all in all it was a decent day getting out there and getting some lines wet.

theres the report.

I would have to agree with all the above.

Current was pretty crazy early. I thought sapen was going to be washed out to sea on a couple of occasions.

I didn't win anything either. I really had my eye on one of those sand spikes or maybe one of the GPS units.

Was cool to meet ya rcfb73! :thumb:

Dana, you were pretty damn close in saying that we caught more at the rumble. I think we might have been pretty close.

We met a reporter from the Western Outdoor News that took our pic's and names so that he could use them in his story. I guess we will see later this week.

X

Quote Originally Posted by xtranzman

We met a reporter from the Western Outdoor News that took our pic's and names so that he could use them in his story. I guess we will see later this week.

X
    Were you flying your Team 57 colors at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    Quote Originally Posted by xtranzman

X
    Were you flying your Team 57 colors at the time?

Alan,

Do you think I would hit the water without my 57 shirt??? :roll:

The 57 colors were on display for all to see!!! :thumb:

X

So I guess I didn't miss out on much other then free stuff....

I was stuck at a dang babyshower all day, ARGH!!!!!

I'm getting fishing withdrawls

haven't wet my line in over a week now

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57
    After pre-paying for the event, I didn't get to go :cry: ...... BUT,

XTranzMan told me that more fish were caught at "Granny's Surf City Rumble" than at the Gulp tourney. :shock:

I'm sure the tough conditions made it hard on everyone, but I still got feedback that everyone had a good time!

Hey G-Fish......... you have all our beer still?........&#46 ; or ya been tappin' the keg? :lol:

~ :beer: ~ :food: ~

Oh, your beer is safe with me :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast