Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: havasu trip

Default havasu trip

hey everyone let me just start off saying that the bit was SLOW. i have never had a slow bit like this in my life. we started off trolling thompson bay for nothing we decided to go down to havasu spring and troll and throw lures around thier picked up 1 striper about 2lbs on a pointer. then we went bacfk to the marina. next day we go tot he marina and i am at the back of the poontoon boat and i see a bass swiming around and i get a rattle trap and start jigging it. next thing i know i let it sit at the bottom and i then feel a thump thump, i set the hook and it was on brought it in and it was a healthy 3lbs small mouth. fished 4 days with only 2 fish for me (2 smallies) and my friend got 2 fish( both stripers) but it was very slow. i will post picks of my smallie later on this week. to tired to do it now. and i also got my 9'' lunker punker in today to

God Bless

basscatcher

you will kill those stripers on the lunker punker!

Bites slow in general in these areas. Lake Mohave and Mead are the same way. Should REALLY pick up here in the next 2 weeks with temps in the 100's this coming week!

Good luck

Tight lines!

Just got back,only 1 work could describe the action we experianced yesterday and today.......................SUCKED!!!!!

WILL POST LATER

got this guy at mead last week on the lunker punker also got a few others off the lunker punker but did not have the camera the first day

That the 9" lunker punker?

Wow that 1 tried to eat that lure? That thing was half its size it looks like.

I will be fishing there tomorrow, will let you know how it went. Hopefully the water will warm up.

WON striper tourney there next month.

yeah its the nine inch, i got a couple on it throughout last week while i was camping but i did not have a camera the first couple of days

I only got to fish for about an hour at Cattail,but I know what you mean.A couple short strikes on the dropshot & that was it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast