Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluegill Imitations....

Default Bluegill Imitations....

I fished two local parks today and picked up a few dinks on dropshot worms. I saw quite a few big fish chasin the shezzy out of the bluegills. I went through my whole damn tackle bag and nothing close to a bluegill in my box. Everything I had was shad imitations and those bigger fish didnt want anything to do with them. So now im in the market for some bluegill look alike baits. I have found only two that look good. One was by Mattlures and its a softbait for 22 bucks. The other was like 55 bucks and was a swimbait bluegill. They are really pricey lures and I dont have the money for lures of that price range right now.

Anybody have suggestions to alternate lures that would be good bluegill imitations?

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    I fished two local parks today and picked up a few dinks on dropshot worms. I saw quite a few big fish chasin the shezzy out of the bluegills. I went through my whole damn tackle bag and nothing close to a bluegill in my box. Everything I had was shad imitations and those bigger fish didnt want anything to do with them. So now im in the market for some bluegill look alike baits. I have found only two that look good. One was by Mattlures and its a softbait for 22 bucks. The other was like 55 bucks and was a swimbait bluegill. They are really pricey lures and I dont have the money for lures of that price range right now.

Anybody have suggestions to alternate lures that would be good bluegill imitations?
    live blugill would make the best bluegill immitations....

Thanks for the invite homie!!!

GD

Try the Rapalas DT series in bluegill pattern I have caught plenty of bass on that bait and they are pretty cheap anywhere from 6 -10 bucks.

BassinChef

you should try the jack-all grion its around 22 bucks

Castaic Swimbaits are pretty cheap. I have one bluegill one, but i forgot the price. Definitely under $20.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinChef View Post
    Try the Rapalas DT series in bluegill pattern I have caught plenty of bass on that bait and they are pretty cheap anywhere from 6 -10 bucks.

BassinChef
    The rapalas are def the way to go. they are painted pretty good for factory crank baits. they also offer like 4 diff depth ranges.

I know Storm makes Sunfish and Crappie Swimbaits..

check it out.

http://www.stormlures.com/products/l...ype=soft_lures

http://www.stormlures.com/products/l...ype=soft_lures

johnsfishing

the Jackall Girons are the best! Pricey though at $20 a pop

the jackall girons are killer baits ive got a couple of bass on them this year off beds. they are really the perfect size to immitate those baby bluegill. plus if you take the large hook off in the center and replace it with a smaller light weight hook the bait suspends about one foot under water which is perfect for local park lakes.

if your looking for a bigger bait the Matt lures Madgill is a killer bait! its kind of tough to get a fish under 3 or 4 pounds on it though and it costs 35 bucks. this bait also stands up on the its nose and bottom hook wich makes it a killer bait for beds. (as shown in the picture below

the matt lures blugill is also an awesome bait for all sizes of bass.

from right to left- 1. Matt lures Bluegill 2. BaitSmith Madgill 3. Jackall Giron

Good luck with watever you chose
    Last edited by bassassassin; 04-18-2009 at 11:40 PM.

I have a Shimano Japan bluegill crank that dives 2-3 feet and is an absolute killer. Bought it from a guy on TT for $11. Bluegill swimbaitsI like are, as stated above, Mattlures for soft and Jackall Girons for hard. For around $20 a pop, they're not bad. Don't cheap out and buy the Storm crap because they are pieces of s***. 80% of them, out of the bag, are gonna swim on their sides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast