Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bass keepers at Alondra Park

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    why would you hope that the guy gets sick. maybe he doesnt know about the low population of bass, and seeing theres no law against it he probably thought what he was doing was right. Not everybody knows about this unwritten code of bass, to throw everyone back. he's not really in the wrong, he's just eating what he caught, a normal practice among fisherman.
    EXACTLY bro, he's not doing anything wrong even though many of us are against keeping LMB. But seriously?!?!? wishing a dude gets sick, or wishing anyone harm for that matter over a dude keeping some dumb fish is kinda eff'ed up.
    Last edited by eggot; 04-14-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKNChristopH View Post
    You dont need to display your license now, just have it on you.

*shakaaa*

That's because this post is 2 yrs old............... Someone is reminiscing.............

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    why would you hope that the guy gets sick. maybe he doesnt know about the low population of bass, and seeing theres no law against it he probably thought what he was doing was right. Not everybody knows about this unwritten code of bass, to throw everyone back. he's not really in the wrong, he's just eating what he caught, a normal practice among fisherman.
    I'm not hoping the guys get seriously sick, just an upset stomach or the runs.

I've seen the same guys hammering Alondra for years! They take home what ever the catch, and they take their catches home when they are at their limit so they can come back and keep catching.
    I've explained to them how bass isn't a stocked fish like trout and catfish. I've even talked to them about the DFG 3 year testing done at Alondra as far as the high contaminant levels on carp and bass and they all say they've never had any problems.
    Just a few weeks ago I tried to talk 2 of them into not taking home big females during the spawn. I've always been respectful to them and we always extend hellos to each other.
    If they are willing to take a risk in high levels of contaminants or polluted waters, that's up to them.

-b

leave it up to Surfer to bring back a 2 year old post! lol

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
    leave it up to Surfer to bring back a 2 year old post! lol

And he's out of town with his family on a nice weekend getaway! LOL

Thats exactly the way Kenneth Hahn's Bass population was decimated. In fact, one Alondra regular used to be a regular at Kenneth Hahn, and he would catch a nice bass on crawlers almost every time I would see him. He moves his tackle around on one of those wire laundry carts, with rod holders on it. Only thing is, he was within the law...

I guess I'll put my 2 cents in on this one. I am the luckiest S.0.B. in the world when it comes to park fishing. The parks that I fish at have a good population of LMB and hardly anybody will kill a bass. In over a 1000 trips Iv'e only seen 4 killed, but even 4 is too many. So I've adopted a strategy, that the next time I see a bass on a stringer I'm going to try to save that basses life. I think talk is CHEAP your not going to talk anybody out of not killing that bass. So instead I'm going to offer them something for that basses life, in other words I'll make them an offer they can't refuse. It may be money, fishing tackle, a little, you fill in the blank and here's my favorite OTHER FISH. When I'm fishing in a park I'll be fishing for catfish C&R them, so it's nothing for me to offer them 10 catfish for one bass. I know the limit is 5, but if I'm fishing with someone we now have 10 catfish to work with. If I couldn't pay in you in full today, I'll tell them I'll pay you the next time you come fishing here. Anyway I think my idea is worth a try, it might work for you too.

You all have completely lost it! Is this some kind of a mental condition brought on by not eating enough fish? You guys need to get some of that good for you Omega3 in your system.

I do not understand why people do not mind there own buisnes, if you have a licence and follow the law no one should complane.......

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You all have completely lost it! Is this some kind of a mental condition brought on by not eating enough fish? You guys need to get some of that good for you Omega3 in your system.
    Seal let me answer for my bass brethren on this one, for city park fishing. These guy's are the biggest die hard fisherman you ever seen, I think there part masochist. They will show up day after day by the dozen and not catch anything and that doesn't bother them in the least. They love their bass fishing that much!!! So it just kills them inside when they see any of the few bass in their ponds killed. I had a biologist once tell me he estimated the adult population of LMB at La Mirada lake was 50 fish. How many bass do you think live in Silverwood lake, tens of thousands for sure. The whole point of the story is EVERY SINGLE BASS counts in a city park lake.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast