Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bass keepers at Alondra Park

i remember at one point i knew guys thinking of getting a couple signs made up to put around the lake to try and stop bass taking....but honestly if dfg rolled that lake everyday 99% of bass taking would probably stop. At the end of the year last year they came around with 2 undercover guys checking licenses and i think me and 1 other guy other of about 10 had their licenses....and for sum bs reason they didnt write any of them up and just gave them warnings instead saying "better be careful next year were gonna be out here checking"...i dont think ive seen then out their anymore than last year, which was hardly ever.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    was the guy displaying his fishing license?
    You dont need to display your license now, just have it on you.

*shakaaa*

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Sounds like a normal Alondra day. Really a bummer, but nothing u can do about it as long as they are big enough, caught properly, and not over the limit. Hopefully the guy will end up getting sick from eating them.

-b
    why would you hope that the guy gets sick. maybe he doesnt know about the low population of bass, and seeing theres no law against it he probably thought what he was doing was right. Not everybody knows about this unwritten code of bass, to throw everyone back. he's not really in the wrong, he's just eating what he caught, a normal practice among fisherman.

i guess unless you are a regular their u wouldnt now, but its always the same people keeping bass, and they have gotten shiet for it a couple times at least....sometimes they "release em" after getting the roust but by the their always dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ushone View Post
    i guess unless you are a regular their u wouldnt now, but its always the same people keeping bass, and they have gotten shiet for it a couple times at least....sometimes they "release em" after getting the roust but by the their always dead.
    Hey, I was just saying that to wish he got sick off of them is a little extreme.

its true tho, its one of the reason i preach cpr their.....its freaking gross out their(i wouldnt eat anything thats more than a week old...generally if i want meat ill catch the day of the plant only)....if i remember correctly the lake receives water from the dominguez channel (grossest shiet ever)

Yes for the most part its the same guys who are keeping bass. Of course there are non-regulars who keep bass too. Either way, it's been going on forever at Alondra, but I think it's gotten worse over the last 2 years.

-b

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarteest View Post
    Hey, I was just saying that to wish he got sick off of them is a little extreme.
    Bman is a cool dude. He's just an extreme bass nazi. He's a bass vigilante. Lol

its true tho, its one of the reason i preach cpr their.....its freaking gross out their(i wouldnt eat anything thats more than a week old...generally if i want meat ill catch the day of the plant only)....if i remember correctly the lake receives water from the dominguez channel (grossest shiet ever)
    I used to live by the Dominguez Channel. I always wondered if there were fish in there??

honestly im going to say theirs got to be carp or something, but ive never even seen anyone fish it. Shiet i even some youtube video with what looked like some bum snagging a striper out of the LA river in one of the super shallow areas...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast