Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: How many games will the Dodgers win this season?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 95+

10 33.33%
  • 87-94

10 33.33%
  • 79-86

4 13.33%
  • under 79

6 20.00%
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodger thread

SCG7......FNN's official "Rally Flunkie"

"Make noise and he will come"

TD

1. Glad to see Man Ram's earning his keep.

2. Glad to see the bullpen still sucks.

We're gonna have to score 8 runs a game in order to go .500.

Great job, Blue Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    1. Glad to see Man Ram's earning his keep.

2. Glad to see the bullpen still sucks.

We're gonna have to score 8 runs a game in order to go .500.

Great job, Blue Crew.

Ill tell ya what.....the Dodgers offense (for once in my life) doesnt worry me one bit. Im really not too concerned with the starting pitching either. But boy you nailed it about the bullpen. Broxton looks nasty as heck...but the rest worry me. They comeback....take the lead and again...cant hold it. That is frustrating.

The bullpen will come around....the club is in great hands and has an offense to carry some of the load until the problems are ironed out.

Hang in there guys...especially you Archie "DarkShadow" Bunker

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 04-23-2009 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post

Hang in there guys...especially you Archie "DarkShadow" Bunker
    Oh, I definitely will.

While it's a fantasy to expect EVERYONE in the line up hitting the ball well, I am waiting for both Loney and JMartin to come around.

Pitching? So far so good. Billinsgley and Kershaw both look like they're stepping their game up, Wolf has been surprisingly decent, and both McDonald and Stultz have come outta no where to do a decent job. Cannot wait to have The Samurai Kuroda back though.

Our defense looks great. Aside from Manny losing fly balls in the sun, we have played great defense.

2 funny things about yesterday's game...

1. The ball Manny hit that still hasn't landed.

2. Torre electing to go with an over worked Belisario, a right hander, against a left handed hitter, Berkman, when he had Kuo warming up in the pen. I guess he doesn't believe in lefty/lefty match ups. Then, Belisario throwing a wild pitch [I]during/I] an intentional walk? I even had to laugh at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Oh, I definitely will.

While it's a fantasy to expect EVERYONE in the line up hitting the ball well, I am waiting for both Loney and JMartin to come around.

Pitching? So far so good. Billinsgley and Kershaw both look like they're stepping their game up, Wolf has been surprisingly decent, and both McDonald and Stultz have come outta no where to do a decent job. Cannot wait to have The Samurai Kuroda back though.

Our defense looks great. Aside from Manny losing fly balls in the sun, we have played great defense.

2 funny things about yesterday's game...

1. The ball Manny hit that still hasn't landed.

2. Torre electing to go with an over worked Belisario, a right hander, against a left handed hitter, Berkman, when he had Kuo warming up in the pen. I guess he doesn't believe in lefty/lefty match ups. Then, Belisario throwing a wild pitch [i]during/I] an intentional walk? I even had to laugh at that one.
    There's a Yankee fan in our office who has been telling me for the last year and a half that Joe can't manage pitching...

so, is he right?

haven't been able to watch any games or read much the last couple days, but it seems to me that last night and the night before both involved some very young pitchers.

you thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    There's a Yankee fan in our office who has been telling me for the last year and a half that Joe can't manage pitching...

so, is he right?
    I dunno, I *guess* you can make an argument, especially if you look at each move that doesn't turn out the Dodger's way under a microscope.

That's the intricate part about analysis of a pitching staff. Whenever you make the correct move, it's never analyzed. The only thing that gets analyzed on Sportscenter is if the pitching move ends up back firing.

A good example was Clayton Kershaw's 2nd to last start. He was dealing, had a dozen Ks, but the minute Kershaw gave up a long bomb, Torre pulled him. Nevermind he was throwing a no-hitter before then. In comes the bullpen, and out goes the lead we had.

People would say, "Why didn't he leave him in there?!"

Well, after 105 pitches, I think Torre felt it was necessary to pull him. Personally, I don't want a young arm like that being overworked, else Kershaw end up flipping burgers at In N Out 2 years from now.

IF the bullpen does their job, nobody brings up why he pulled him. But because Hong Chi "The Status" Kuo, and company could not do their job, you start questioning moves like that. Is Kuo tanking Torre's fault?

In any case, I never did watch the Yankees enough to have a clear idea on whether or not Torre manages his arms in the Bronx well.

From his stint in LA, though, I have seen a bit of over-managing, and him pulling starters a bit prematurely, and also using certain individuals from the pen way too often, leading me to believe they eventually do get over worked. Look at what happened to Cory Wade...

I think imma become a Dodger fan ! Baseball is kinda boring.But after basketball,what am I going to watch? So lets go Dodgers let go !

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post

so, is he right?
    He sounds like a Yankee fan alright, just ask him who he would rather have managing his team. Joe Torre is about the best the game can offer and you have to consider the respect he commands on and off the field....look how he squashed the riff between the older and younger players last season that had become a huge clubhouse problem the prior season, damn even Manny has been "a good boy" thus far. So okay he makes a questionable move here and there(gimme a break what manager doesn't?) big deal, I'll take his knowledge/experience and the intangibles he brings to club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    I think imma become a Dodger fan ! Baseball is kinda boring.But after basketball,what am I going to watch? So lets go Dodgers let go !
    Was this before or after you voted the Dodgers were going to win less than 79 games? It was actually reassuring to see both you and Bing had voted that way, I equate that to O_L and Adrian from Phenix voting the Lakers win less than 49 games

Alright show me some allegiance Hitts....I am expecting to see a post with a pic of you holding a fish rollin some Dodger gear very soon. Just be ready for Jimmy to give you some carp for not joining Halo Nation

Dodgers are "0wning" the NL West right now....nice win in Colorado tonight!

THINK BLUE

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 04-24-2009 at 10:36 PM.

TD we need to get to a game together..........I am a die hard fan......goooo Dodgers!!!

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast