Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: How many games will the Dodgers win this season?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 95+

10 33.33%
  • 87-94

10 33.33%
  • 79-86

4 13.33%
  • under 79

6 20.00%
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodger thread

Default Dodger thread

Another season is upon us and although there are concerns about the pitching staff especially with Kuroda on the DL already, I'm confident the Blue Crew will repeat as NL West Champions. I'm not sure if it is the pathetic sf giant line up, but either way Billingsly's 11 Ks Monday and Kershaw's 13 tonight look really good in the box score. Add Wolfs 2 hitter through 7 innings, a solid effort by Stults vs the D-backs and things don't look all that bad. Be great to get Kuroda back soon and possibly add another arm....Pedro? We shall see!

Orlando Hudson has been amazing thus far, Ethier and Kemp should be rock solid and Manny will do his thing as usual. Furcal's ankle looks to be a thing of the past, Martin is a top 5 catcher and Loney should be fine at 1st.

Great come back victory on Jackie Robinson Day against the hated ones this evening, wtg boyz!

So far so good......

THINK BLUE

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 04-15-2009 at 11:28 PM.

i'm hoping some team(s) will throw in the towel early and the Dodgers will be able to pick up another arm - at least for the pen, at most for the rotation - without having to deal Loney, Kemp, Ethier or Martin...

but yeah, last night was schweeeeeet

Ahhhhhh.....I got me a new PC and am back just in time to talk Dodger baseball...woohoo!

Off to a nice start, though much can be attributed to the sweep of a VERY LOUSY Giants team. Man they look horrible. However the boys in blue look good nonetheless. The Dodgers should run away with the division if you ask me, and if the pitching holds up....this team can win alot of games and go deep into the playoffs.

It sure is nice to have baseball back. Nothing like sitting back listening to Vin call a game.

Ahhhhh yes.

Was wondering what happend to you BF69, good to see you back on the board...GO BLUE!!!!

TD

Lets see I was going to say under 79... But I will be nice and say about 90... But I still say the boys in red will win more.

Angels rule!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishaddicted View Post
    Angels rule!!!!!!!!
    Yep, the Halos look great!

They're avoiding the injury bug, the starting pitching has been surprising the pundits, the younger players are starting to mature, and the off season acquisitions have been paying off.

Wait, no. Sorry. I must have been thinking about the Dodgers.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by VineAssist View Post
    Lets see I was going to say under 79... But I will be nice and say about 90... But I still say the boys in red will win more.
    You wanna bump it up to $100?

TD

I see the myopia has taken over! I thought it would be clouded with the Laykees playoff run right now, but I guess not!

Yes, right now the doyers are playing well against the historically worst division in baseball...oh wait, they've only played the west so far...?

Smarter fans might wait until they have played some good teams...

But, I forgot we live in myopia........

Two weeks into the season and you are already calling the doyers "murderers row".......

It amazes me every year, and I don't know why I don't get used to it....

doyer, and raider and laykee fans think "we are going all the way" instead of "we really look good this year, I think we have a good shot"

When in actuality it's a long season, anything can happen and more times than not your team never get to the final playoffs...

Which in turn makes you look bad, again.... have some restraint once in a while and save some face....

SCG7

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy7 View Post
    I see the myopia has taken over! I thought it would be clouded with the Laykees playoff run right now, but I guess not!

Yes, right now the doyers are playing well against the historically worst division in baseball...oh wait, they've only played the west so far...?

Smarter fans might wait until they have played some good teams...

But, I forgot we live in myopia........
    Yeah, a I believe a few posters have mentioned that we've played horrible teams.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    ...I'm not sure if it is the pathetic sf giant line up, but either way

Quote Originally Posted by baadfish69 View Post
    ...Off to a nice start, though much can be attributed to the sweep of a VERY LOUSY Giants team. Man they look horrible.

You know, I'm beginning to think you don't read anybody's posts when it comes to the Sports threads and you have these banal rants against the Dodgers, which mention the same points over and over, ready to go on Notepad on your computer, for a quick Copy - Paste.

(And BTW...the AL West: Not looking so hot themselves. Seattle winning the division? I dunno about that.)

Two weeks into the season and you are already calling the doyers "murderers row".......
    Hmm...after doing a "Search" on the thread for your quote of "murderer's row," I can't seem to find anybody that dubbed them that.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post

So far so good......

Quote Originally Posted by baadfish69 View Post
    The boys in blue look good nonetheless.

Yes, both posters did say that we'd run away with the division, but according to you, the NL West is weak. Why is that comment so out of touch with the reality of situation, that you yourself agree to?

And furthermore, I don't see anybody calling them "Murderer's Row," that you put in quotes. I think the myopia might be with your eyes, as you are quoting something that was never posted.

[/B]It amazes me every year, and I don't know why I don't get used to it....

doyer, and raider and laykee fans think "we are going all the way" instead of "we really look good this year, I think we have a good shot"

When in actuality it's a long season, anything can happen and more times than not your team never get to the final playoffs...
    I really still can't see anybody posting saying we would "go all the way" which essentially is winning the World Series.

All I see is a few posts congratulating the Blue on a good start, some insightful Angel fan postings as usual, and then your diatribe, that sounds like last season's diatribe, which sounded like the season before last's diatribe, which sounded...

Which in turn makes you look bad, again.... have some restraint once in a while and save some face....

SCG7
    I do agree with you here.

I too miss Badfish2, FNN's most astute Angel fan.

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast