Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: and yet another short session at the park

Default and yet another short session at the park

I was studying at home for a midterm I have on Thursday. Distractions were around and I decided to go to the library at CSULB to study, but first I needed chap stick lol. Off to Target I went...

Driving there, I thought to myself, I'm already close to the lake, why not FISH!!! 4th cast or so, *thump thump* didn't take it. Cast same spot, *thump thump* AGAIN DIDN'T TAKE IT. 3rd cast same thing!!! stupid fish! worked that spot for 10 minutes for nothing. BTW I was drop shotting with a flick shake rigged wacky. Walked around the lake for an hour or so and make my way back to my general area.

Get on the phone with the GF asking where she wants to eat for dinner when *thump*, I reel in the slack slowly and see my line going. "I'LL CALL YOU LATER!!! FISH ON!!!" then I throw my phone on the grass and work the fish in. It was on the Chotto Shank hook 1/16 oz with a 5.8" Flick Shake color pumpkin pepper.

So I discovered the secret to the lake, the Bass bite when you're on the phone. 3 of the 4 fish I caught there the past couple of days have been when I was texting or on the phone.

BTW instead of blacking out background, i made sure it was all grass background... happy jlgarciaiii22??? lol. To make you even happier, it was caught in San Diego lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2271.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	11631  
    Last edited by a biley; 04-14-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Nice Fish! I think your the only person I know that consistently catches bass out of that lake. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Nice Fish! I think your the only person I know that consistently catches bass out of that lake. Good job!
    ha those 4 fishes were all the fish I've caught at that lake, and it's in a weeks time period. I've been skunked since January there (had a 5 1/2 come off, a small one snap my hook in half)

that's funny man.. i get bit alot when i;m on the phone too.. good job on the fish...

btw.. let me know if you're ok with the 50mg message.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post

BTW instead of blacking out background, i made sure it was all grass background... happy jlgarciaiii22??? lol. To make you even happier, it was caught in San Diego lol
    Thank you....