Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good spinning reel

I just got a Quantum CT10PTI-B, for split shotting but has used it on my trout rod...
    and I like it as well....the pic is of the 30, but you get the idea...

For messing around, I also have the ABU/Garcia C101-C. For the price, it's done it's job flawlessly and I don't have to worry about banging it on anything. It's matched up with a Browning Citori CI60-2 rod. Got the rod/reel combo from BPS for around $100 last year....

Sorry about the big pics....

Laters....
    Last edited by craznazn; 04-15-2009 at 03:17 PM.

That catalyst looks sexy. Is that the new model? Im saving for the energy ptiB. Even sexier.... Shimano aint got nothing on this....
    Last edited by Liteliner; 04-15-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Hell yea u hit it right on the money another reason i wanted a bigger reel is cause of the casting differences. i will mainly be doing nothing but trout fishing with this reel and i have had problems with my cheap reel not casting the Thomas Bouyants far at all.
    So i went with the longer rod & wanted a reel that was going to cast my Very light lures farther than 10 feet out lol
    I agree with what BSP said, but remember, he was talking about memory using fluorocarbon and just about all spinning reels have problems with fluoro and memory. Spool up with some Izorline XXX 2lb line and your memory problems will be very limited. A 7'-8' UL rod and a Saros 1000 reel would be my recommended setup for anyone and everyone that wants an all in 1 quality Socal trout setup. No need to spend more on a trout setup and remember, they're only trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    That catalyst looks sexy. Is that the new model? Im saving for the energy ptiB. Even sexier.... Shimano aint got nothing on this....
    yEH I HAD ONE OF THOSE Quantums the handle snapped off. The screw part is stuck inside. The reel was ok sure it was a pretty reel. I could care less what any one else thinks Shimano hands down is the best. Saros 1000 is the one you need. 129.00 and it cast 20% further than the quantum. Plus if i snapped my reel handle off or any damage i can send it to Shimano get it fixed either free or cheap. There located in California one Holland drive Irvine. I sent in a reel they sent me a new reel no cost. Cannot beet the friendly repair service. Quantum said tuff. You can send in the reel Shimano will bill you. And i have saved bunches of fishing line can fill a spool and keep the line till you think it should be replaced.

FISHINGBEE
    Last edited by FISHINGBEE; 04-15-2009 at 01:34 PM.

there u go!!

I think Sansou said it best....what are you doing with your gear? All makes have similiar qualities as the prices go up. Some have experienced better customer service with Shimano, although I didn't have any issues with my Quantum. But, the Saros looks pretty nice...but, for $35 the Abu/Garcia is a nice reel IMHO....

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Pflueger, Shimanos, Daiwas....they're all good quality at the mid to higher range in terms of cost.

The key is: what are you planning to do with your gear?

Personally, I learned a long time ago that when you fish along creeks and rivers, you tend to break and bend stuff. (Car accessible lake fishing, especially Socal, not so much) Consequently, I don't spend more than a hundie for a reel/rod.

Likewise, it's been my observation that quite a few SoCal guys buy very high end rods and reels, just so they can lay them in pole holders to soak bait at a pay lake. LOL

Lures on the other hand....that's the expensive stuff in the long run!
    Last edited by craznazn; 04-15-2009 at 03:37 PM.

It's the newest one...got it as a gift and it's pretty smooth....

Im saving for the energy ptiB. Even sexier...Shimano aint got nothing on this....

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    yEH I HAD ONE OF THOSE Quantums the handle snapped off. The screw part is stuck inside.
    So, one person says the real is "Sexy" and another says the handle snaps off....

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    yEH I HAD ONE OF THOSE Quantums the handle snapped off. The screw part is stuck inside. The reel was ok sure it was a pretty reel. I could care less what any one else thinks Shimano hands down is the best. Saros 1000 is the one you need. 129.00 and it cast 20% further than the quantum. Plus if i snapped my reel handle off or any damage i can send it to Shimano get it fixed either free or cheap. There located in California one Holland drive Irvine. I sent in a reel they sent me a new reel no cost. Cannot beet the friendly repair service. Quantum said tuff. You can send in the reel Shimano will bill you. And i have saved bunches of fishing line can fill a spool and keep the line till you think it should be replaced.

FISHINGBEE
    Dang...

The only reel I've ever been happy with from shimano was my calcutta 700s. Thats it. Ive had the sahara,symetre,stradic,stradicmgfb,and they have all dissappointed. My latest two reels from shimano are the 2500 Stradic MGFB. These reels go for $240. Ive used the first one 5 times and had to take it to shimano to get repaired. The bail kept getting stuck. The guy said there was a defect part and if i had any others to bring it in and they will change the part out and things will be great. Long story short both reels have been to shimano and both reels still have messed up bails. Ive used them less than 10 times each. For 240 bucks a reel and thats the kind of treatment the reel gives me... f&%k shimano.
    Yeah i said it.

Quantum all the way baby....... I still have the original energy pti from 5 years ago and its still goin strong....

Quote Originally Posted by craznazn View Post
    It's the newest one...got it as a gift and it's pretty smooth....
    I cant wait to get mines... Your a lucky guy...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast