Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anyone ever use this fishfinder?

Default Anyone ever use this fishfinder?

Either I'm too new to the fishfinder scene or it's just a crappy fishfinder. The Eagle Cuda 168 is what i'm refering to. On Sunday I tested it out for the first time and it supposively metered hundreds of fish all over DVL, but the areas that metered fish none were to be seen. Along with this when my family and I went into a shallow cove no fish were metered, but we landed 6 trout and 1 missed bass at the surface. So what's the deal? All I can think of the stupid thing is a depth finder and temperature guage.

I have the exact same one and don't trust it's fish finding skills. I have the fish alarm on, and when it beeps it is usually in agreement with the other ones, but as far as just metering fish, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by hughpam View Post
    I have the exact same one and don't trust it's fish finding skills. I have the fish alarm on, and when it beeps it is usually in agreement with the other ones, but as far as just metering fish, it sucks.
    I totally agree.