Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pirate" Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaua View Post
    Um....

....yeah, I have a bunch of unused cargo container ships in my backyard - I was going to lease them out and turn a huge profit transporting actual CARGO, but to heck with it - tell the Navy they can pick them up at any time.
    Um.. or we could use any of the hundreds of seized boats used by drug smugglers... after all their not just targeting cargo ships...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    They need to just fill a few crates with C-4 and a couple detonators, and label the crates "SAMSUNG FLATSCREEN TV'S." Then let 'em grab 'em and run, he he he he...
    In addition, I think we should fill the crates up halfway with snake-bearing flyers that read "Don't Tread on me." Make an example out of them, Lol.

Or better yet, (I figured someone had to say it) just fire off a few ICBM's with nuc tips and turn the whole region and it's desert's to glass. We gotta start controling the population somehow... if we stop nature from thinning the herd (fighting diseases) then who else/what else is gonna do it? We would need a hell of a lot more tsunami's and earthquakes... If we keep doing it like rabbitts we're gonna be up to our necks in _________. (fill in the blank) Besides, how bad off would the earth really be if people were wiped out? Hmmmm.... I wonder. The party has to end sometime folks...
    Last edited by fishing_addict; 04-13-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_addict View Post
    Um.. or we could use any of the hundreds of seized boats used by drug smugglers... after all their not just targeting cargo ships...
    To date, Somali pirates have captured over 60 merchant vessels - clearly their targets of choice. Fishing vessels have been a distant second (less than 10), followed by tugboats (about 5), cruise ships (less than 5) and yachts (less than 5).

Call me crazy, but sending a bunch of seized yachts loaded with sailors & marines just might tip off the pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_addict View Post
    Besides, how bad off would the earth really be if people were wiped out?
    I think a better question is how bad off WE would be if the earth was wiped out instead. At this point, it seems more plausible than the first option.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlaua View Post
    To date, Somali pirates have captured over 60 merchant vessels - clearly their targets of choice. Fishing vessels have been a distant second (less than 10), followed by tugboats (about 5), cruise ships (less than 5) and yachts (less than 5).

Call me crazy, but sending a bunch of seized yachts loaded with sailors & marines just might tip off the pirates.
    The type of tactics these guys are using are going to continue to evolve with every change we try to make in order to make shipping safer. Honestly all kidding aside I think the only way to stop or at least drastically reduce the pirate attacks is to simply put a small armed team (4-5 guys) on board these ships. The only way to combat primitive attacks is by countering with primitive defenses/attacks. We keep doing things the way we have been we'll end up like the British did during the revolution (figuatively speaking). Or even better, like we did in Vietnam...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I think a better question is how bad off WE would be if the earth was wiped out instead. At this point, it seems more plausible than the first option.
    No doubt....

Off to work, catch ya'll later! Tight lines to all... after all that's what it's all about.
    Last edited by fishing_addict; 04-13-2009 at 11:29 AM.

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch these pirates for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad men. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. These pirates, capture you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find them for three, but I'll catch them, and kill them, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get their heads, the hostages, the whole damn thing."

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post

"y'all know me. Know how i earn a livin'. I'll catch these pirates for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad men. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. These pirates, capture you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find them for three, but i'll catch them, and kill them, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, i don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get their heads, the hostages, the whole damn thing."
    OMG.... I just laughed so hard coffee almost came out of my nose
    Last edited by fishing_addict; 04-13-2009 at 05:46 PM.

good thinking, circle hook should get em right in the corner of the mouth, which is great for preserving the fishery.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast