Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: split shot rod

Default split shot rod

I'm looking for a new rod to replace my 15 year old Berkley-Hank Parker Series One. I'm kind of leaning towards a St. Croix AVS69MLXF or AVS70MF. Also considering one of the Legend Tournament Series rods. I mostly fish off the bank, so I would like something around 7 foot. Anyone have any experience with one of these rods or can recommend something else. Would like the rod to handle a light Carolina rig up to maybe 3/8 ounce without the tip loading up too much, but will mostly use it with small plastics and a #5 split shot. Thanks.

I'd also take a look at a Phenix Ultra MBX-S 700L. I use the 706M (7'6" and a little heavier power) for halibut fishing, and it handles legal halibut just fine. The L will be more than enough for light line bass fishing, and should cast light split shot rigs and Carolina rigs very well. I recommend going to a tackle shop and pulling on both to see which one you like.