Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need new Line

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    So with the Salt Scene already here and all my reels empty of any line except some spectra im kinda wondering what to get. I only got three setups so im kinda debating. Heres what I was thinking of goin with....

Daiwa Saltiga 30 = 25lb - surface iron and jig rod

Calcutta 700TE = maybe 20lb for live bait?????

Avet LX 2speed = 30 or maybe even 40 - dropperloop and yoyo???

Any suggestions. Is 20 to light or should I do 30 for the live bait rod?

Saltiga: Minimum of 30 for surface and 40 if you're going to Yo-Yo.

Calcutta: Sounds good!

Avet LX: Dropper Loop FTW! Use +30lb. line

As for the live bait rod, I's say it depends on the target species and the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    So with the Salt Scene already here and all my reels empty of any line except some spectra im kinda wondering what to get. I only got three setups so im kinda debating. Heres what I was thinking of goin with....

Daiwa Saltiga 30 = 25lb - surface iron and jig rod

Calcutta 700TE = maybe 20lb for live bait?????

Avet LX 2speed = 30 or maybe even 40 - dropperloop and yoyo???

Any suggestions. Is 20 to light or should I do 30 for the live bait rod?

Here's what I would suggest with what you have.

Saltiga...30# with a jig rod...Use it as a light jig stick or bait stick

Calcutta...20# bait stick...Gotta have a 20# set-up. Go to most of the time.

Avet....40# for dropper loop, yo-yo, and heavy bait stick in case you need to muscle them in.

My suggestion....Get a smaller profile 20# reel. Tor14, Trini14. Whatever... and move the Calcutta to a 25# bait stick. You'll have all it covered. Then again, a nice 15# will always be handy for those local trips.
    As for line.... I like Maxima for the inshore island stuff and P-line or Izor for the off shore stuff.
    Last edited by flopps1; 04-17-2009 at 09:45 PM.

THanks for all the suggestions guys. Well this is what Im getting put on my reels tomorrow. It will be P-Line CXX blue or clear.

Daiwa Saltiga 30 = 30 lb jig stick

Calcutta 700TE = 20 lb bait stick

Avet LX 2speed = 40 lb dropperloop and yoyo

I also just converted my luna 253 and Okuma rod into my bighammer/lucanus rod. Straight spectra with a 15 lb flouro leader. This rod will be fun to use out at clemente or catalina i bet.

If I can afford a certain cumara rod im going to put a 2500 stradic mgfb on it with 20 lb spectra and fish yellowtail with it at the islands. Gonna see if shimano is worth its name.... I will make sure I post a detailed report on this when I get out. This will be fun so look out for that report in june or july.

THanks again for the suggestions...

Riteriner, I am grad that after much deriberation, you have finarry decided on which rine fo fish with. Go kirr em homie,.....

GD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12