Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Irvine again, 04-02-09

Default Irvine again, 04-02-09

I was able to get the night off so I went to Irvine when I got off work this morning.
    Had my tube on the water by 8:30 and by 9:00 I had my first two fish, a trout and a bass.

Fishing was pretty good for the next hour or so I got a few Crappie, another trout (which I lost at the net :o ), and a really nice bass on a mini jig!

For some reason the bite pretty much shut off at around noon and it was very sporatic until the end of the day with only a couple more crappie showing up.
    They did decide to start running wild fire drills on the surrounding hillsides and I got some pretty cool pics of the chopper.

I've been awake for 26 hours so I need to pass out for the rest of the night...

Nice going out there today !!!! Those Crappie you have pictured appear to be Female. They have more white on them . The Males have way more black on them. Great pics. !!!! Thanks for the report.

I still havent fished for them things.Maybe in the summer! Good stuff dude !

Nice mixed bag of fish, what kinda jig were you throwing out there? Thanks for the report and cool pics.

TD

Sweet! Good job.

Nice fish and thanks for the report. Cindy

Yeahh man. Nice report.Those crappie were wide open on the mini jigs.Good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog
    what kinda jig were you throwing out there?
    most were on a 1" Chartreuse tube with a White trout worm tail but I did get a couple on Yellow & White and one on all White.
    All were with a 1/32 insert jig head.