Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: BERKLEY Rods

Default BERKLEY Rods

been eye-ball'n one of them new TACTIX Rods in the 6' to 7' range for trout'n and some lite corb fish'n ... going to pair it to my new 1500 SEDONA thats loaded with 4# P-Line FLOROCLEAR .

... any coments good or bad are welcome

phuck I have got to stop buying tackel ...

I had one for a few months, and it landed some nice fish before I gave it to one of my friends. Does it perform on the level of my Phenix 802? No, but it didn't cost as much either. Basically, it's a solid rod for the price point.

The only negative thing would be that my friend broke the tip a month after I gave it to him. He said he snapped it on the hookset. I don't know if he had abused the rod before this happened, but it seemed a little strange that it would have broken on a trout.

I think the rods your talking about Marlon Mead gave out to his Pro Staff Team for Christmas. I saw one the other day and I wanted to buy one for Crappie fishing. The rod looks great and preforms great one said one of the Pro Team members as I was checking it out.I went looking for it but could not find it. Bought a Diawa instead. It a good entry level rod for sure.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 04-01-2009 at 11:58 AM.

I got one of the 7'6" tactix at Fredhall to pretty much fish trout jigs/worms on.

I like the blank and the overall action of the rod, I'm not too crazy about the guides though. Not sure why. Of course its not higher end rod like a Loomis/St Croix/Phenix but for the price it seems like a good price for the quality.

Semi unrelated, but I have two old (early 90's) Berkley "Power bait" rods. They are darkish orange and were designed specifically to fish power bait. They are buttery as can be. :biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler View Post
    ... and were designed specifically to fish power bait.
    I'm curious on how one goes about designing a rod specifically for Power Bait?

I know I'd design mine with a Teflon coated handle so you can easily remove that paste off when you get it on there accidently. I'd also incorporate a bell at the tip so I know when I get bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'm curious on how one goes about designing a rod specifically for Power Bait?

I know I'd design mine with a Teflon coated handle so you can easily remove that paste off when you get it on there accidently. I'd also incorporate a bell at the tip so I know when I get bit.
    I dont know. But it says "Berkley Trout Rod" "Designed to fish Berkley Power Bait". Its glass and super buttery. Buttery like a kencor.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    I think the rods your talking about Marlon Mead gave out to his Pro Staff Team for Christmas. I saw one the other day and I wanted to buy one for Crappie fishing. The rod looks great and preforms great one said one of the Pro Team members as I was checking it out.I went looking for it but could not find it. Bought a Diawa instead. It a good entry level rod for sure.
    Bass Pro Shops carries them, they are nice rods.