Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3/29 Sunset Beach

Default 3/29 Sunset Beach

I arrived at Anderson St at about 6:30 this morning. Beautiful morning, light wind, medium salad in the water. Tide was just starting to move in.

Skunk, Ouch!

But it was my first time in the surf this year so I was super stoked just being out there. I was attempting to target some Leos and do a little perchin while I was soaking bait. That was more difficult than I thought it would be cuz I usually only bring 1 set up at a time. It was also my first time slinging a 12 foot surf rod.. it was a task in itself keeping the cut mackerel from flying off, but I had a blast trying.

Anybody have any tips or locations they care to share with somebody looking to get a nice Leopard Shark please feel free to post or send pm.

Thanks All,

Mike

I'd say give CDM a try or the Bolsa Chica jetty. I've had good luck in both those places in the past for leopard sharks.