Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curado E, whats the deal?

Default Curado E, whats the deal?

I seen many guys selling their curado E's. Is there something not desirable about that reel?

I remember when the curado D came out and it was all about the D and not that many people were getting rid of them.

But now that there is the E series it seems that people are getting ride of it.

Whats the deal?

Any one own one and care to give a comparison on the pros and cons?

I know a couple guys who got rid of their Curado E's. The main culprit for them was the gear ratio....I think people want the generic 6.3:1 ratio which is common.

I own a 7:1 and IMO its better than the D series...

Well the gear set can be replaced by the Citica gear set...and vice versa. Unfortuantely new drags are required in this change. But comparing the Curado E and D series is like night and day. The new E series outcasts and feels smoother than the D series. It's smaller and ligher as well. If there are any doubts, connect with someone who has an E series and cast with it.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    Well the gear set can be replaced by the Citica gear set...and vice versa. Unfortuantely new drags are required in this change. But comparing the Curado E and D series is like night and day. The new E series outcasts and feels smoother than the D series. It's smaller and ligher as well. If there are any doubts, connect with someone who has an E series and cast with it.
    i agree.. i love my curado e's... although i need to start using that e7 more..

i already own two, the only problem I have with it is sometimes the line gets caught between the frame and the spool when i get minor backlashes and pull it out.

other than that, it's a great reel!

but from what I hear, the older ones were great!

Of the guys that I've heard selling it, I know most of them were doing it because their tackle whoredom finally caught up to them, thanks to the economy.

As they said, "I wouldn't sell it if i didn't REALLY need the money."

(Great time to pick up some deals, btw)

I have owned the Bantams, the D, and now an e7. The e7 is tops. I sold both my 201d and Calcutta 401 TE and now just use a 301 e7. If I could describe it, it has the power of the Calcutta and the size and smoothness of the Curado.

i just sold my curado. nothing wrong with it, its an awesome reel.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Of the guys that I've heard selling it, I know most of them were doing it because their tackle whoredom finally caught up to them, thanks to the economy.

As they said, "I wouldn't sell it if i didn't REALLY need the money."

(Great time to pick up some deals, btw)
    exactly. i've got 2e7's and they're such strong reels for the size. if they'd make the e5 in a left retrieve, i'd have some of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    i already own two, the only problem I have with it is sometimes the line gets caught between the frame and the spool when i get minor backlashes and pull it out.

other than that, it's a great reel!

but from what I hear, the older ones were great!
    i had the 08 Curado 100.. and i loved the way it casted.. but i gotta admit.. these new ones are better.. and smaller.. color is eh. but otherwise.. awesome reels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast