Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Catch at Cerritos Regional 3/28 (pics)

Default 1st Catch at Cerritos Regional 3/28 (pics)

1st time back at Cerritos Regional after moving to Garden Grove a few months ago. Only fished the lake a couple of times with no luck but came back to practice my casting and DS tech. Wasn't really expecting to catch anything but managed to hook into this beauty (while pulling a birdsnest outta my reel, lol):

Caught and safely released into the murky water (next to 3 floating catfish):

I haven't caught a largemouth since my move to SoCal so I was pretty excited. Had a nice little pond to fish in up north that was loaded with bass that no poachers knew about. I wish there was something like that down here! LMB are always so fun to catch.

Ummmmm, what happened to the paper you had to write?
    Nice fish, maybe you get get backlashes nore often.....

Nice, never seen you there before, I used to go there 3 times a week at least. Hook on 3 solid fish, all came off. One even snapped my hook.

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    Ummmmm, what happened to the paper you had to write?
    Nice fish, maybe you get get backlashes nore often.....
    LOL! Well after NPH with you, Tess was determined to practice her casting and DS tech and I wanted to experiment with my bait casting gear (hence the backlash!). The park is right around the corner from her parents house. In fact we didn't expect to catch any fish. But I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    Nice, never seen you there before, I used to go there 3 times a week at least. Hook on 3 solid fish, all came off. One even snapped my hook.
    Well when we were living in Cerritos, we fished regional a couple of times, but we never caught any fish. So we never fished it ever again. Lately we've been fishing NPH for the spotties and needed a place to practice. I guess we were at the right place at the right time. Sorry to hear about the lost fish. We may be back sometime, PM me if you end up going back. We came across a couple of guys that said there was a "nest", know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    We came across a couple of guys that said there was a "nest", know anything about that?
    SHHH! they are basically done there anyways, i heard some jackass kept an 8 lb though

SHHH! they are basically done there anyways, i heard some jackass kept an 8 lb though
    Oh, I meant the birdsnest in my reel. 8 POUNDS?! Holy crap. Wouldn't think one of those would be in there. Damn poachers. With all the dead floating catfish, I don't know who would want to eat anything out of there anyway.

very beautiful bass =] nice catch ive never been there but i hope i get a chance to go one day =]

yeah, a few weeks back he did keep him. It was upsetting, one guy starting swearing him out.

Well, in all fairness people do have a right to take home fish they catch as long as it's within regulation. But it does suck that people take home fish from a lake that doesn't have very many bass in it and is hit hard by fisherman. It spoils the fishing in local lakes for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Well, in all fairness people do have a right to take home fish they catch as long as it's within regulation.
    Who's side are you on anyway??? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast