Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Skinney Tubbin'!

Default Skinney Tubbin'!

OK, I didn't mean naked tubin, but I guess it got your attention!!

I’ve had a tub for far too long without using it and I think it’s getting to that point.

I’ve read a lot of threads talking about using a wetsuit or waders but nothing about just being in a bathing suit – and no I don’t mean the one you were born in.

Obviously aware that I’d have to wait for the warmer weather, but is there any reason to need to protect your legs and other appendages?

Quote Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post

Obviously aware that I’d have to wait for the warmer weather, but is there any reason to need to protect your legs and other appendages?
    For a fresh water lake theres no need for any protection. The wader is just to keep you dry and warm. Some lakes require waders to protect the water from you. I go to shorts as soon as I can stand the water.

I wear board shorts while tubing in the summer. It's not that bad in late spring either. Don't think you'd have a very good time with the current water temps though. Maybe the smaller lakes might be bearable, but all the big ones are still COLD!

Yep, you jump in there in shorts right now and you'll be hung like a hamster!!

Check the regs on the lake that you're going to. Some require waders, "no contact", while others it's ok. I tube Irvine Lake only, so I always have to have waders on.

I wear shorts when the water is warmer. Like mentioned before, check the regs of the lake you intend to tube. Some lakes are "no contact" and require the use of waders.

I think I'll be wearing waders a little longer this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying View Post
    I think I'll be wearing waders a little longer this year.

That's an excelent argument for ALWAYS wearing waders!

Hey not to bum anyone out man, but in some lakes (Perris) that can get a high bacteria count in the summer because of the warmer water temps combined with the idiot people letting their kids in diapers play in the water. We humans have a couple of openings below our waist where water can enter our bodies and we can become sick. I found this out while netting crawdads in a polluted creek...not a fun time...