Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The duct last evening - 2 times the fun !

Dam your killin it out there. Nice job on them fat stripers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Actually, Im one of the biggest conservationists here. And I thought it was a great report. I was kinda surprised at your claims. The current populations of stripers are VERY healthy and they are not in any danger whatsoever. As far as the Delta is concerned, Striper populations are the least of your worries.

My advice....Read an academic journal
    Quote Originally Posted by WJC71 View Post
    I applaud your conservationist attitude, However when State gets rid of all striped bass fishing regs, those salt and Delta numbers will diminish quickly. Not from rec. anglers, but from commercial entities. The latest numbers to come out is that there are only 30,000 striped bass left that are trapped in the watershed and due to the lack of flow and crazy reservoir flucuations the spawn is only gonna be 10-12% succesful.

Well, I gotta get back to my academic journal...... Green Eggz n' Ham
    Here is an article from 06 about poaching delta stripers http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news06/06122.html . These people would catch as many as they can and sell them. Imagine if the 2 limit limit was lifted. Everyone and their mother would be catching and selling them. Yes I agree 100% that the extra cut back in flows and the bluestoning both last year and this year did hurt and is going to hurt the spawn. At least in the Antelope Valley sections of the duct. I don't know what they do in Bako and points north. I have seen the duct deteriorate in the 20+ years I have been fishing it. It's not just the stripers. Catfish have also suffered for whatever reason. It is just not the same fishery of days of old. I regretfully don't see it getting any better either. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    Here is an article from 06 about poaching delta stripers http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news06/06122.html . These people would catch as many as they can and sell them. Imagine if the 2 limit limit was lifted. Everyone and their mother would be catching and selling them. Yes I agree 100% that the extra cut back in flows and the bluestoning both last year and this year did hurt and is going to hurt the spawn. At least in the Antelope Valley sections of the duct. I don't know what they do in Bako and points north. I have seen the duct deteriorate in the 20+ years I have been fishing it. It's not just the stripers. Catfish have also suffered for whatever reason. It is just not the same fishery of days of old. I regretfully don't see it getting any better either. It's a shame.
    That it is!

I am well aware of the plight of the Delta. My contention is simply that the Delta has far bigger problems than the Striper population. There are species that are in far more danger.

Thats the point I was making. As far as 30,000 stripers in current watershed, I have no idea where they got that number, I have never heard of that number, I would love to see where you got that number.

id like to know what the duct in so cal has to do with the delta? it also dosnt matter what time of the year it is to spawn, its all about conditions. if the conditions are ideal more than once a year they will spawn. oh and ive seen gary smile... even in person! but the only pics he smiles in are the BLOODY ONES!!! i think ima go to the wood and slay countless juvinile stripers and post it just to piss off WJC71.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Ha ha ha aha....if I don't state what I caught it on....everyone gets pzzzed....if I state what I caught it on.......a handfull of people get Pzzzed....cant win....
    Catch e'm on anything you can, does not make a difference to me...

I know what I use ....!....Ha ha ha ha

I just want to fiash !....that it.....I love it....cant get enough of it....and I will continue to fish....

Did I mention that I like to fish ???

I think I'll go fishing tomorrow....Hmnnnnn....what should I use ?
    How about chartreuse Powerbait dipped in Garlic?Or how about KPN's Tuna Jigs with the sardine color?You know what,I think the best bait for you would be flylined senkos with treble hooks...

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    i think ima go to the wood and slay countless juvinile stripers and post it just to piss off WJC71.
    Sounds like fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    id like to know what the duct in so cal has to do with the delta? it also dosnt matter what time of the year it is to spawn, its all about conditions. if the conditions are ideal more than once a year they will spawn. oh and ive seen gary smile... even in person! but the only pics he smiles in are the BLOODY ONES!!! i think ima go to the wood and slay countless juvinile stripers and post it just to piss off WJC71.
    Oh... VG

You finally got out of Jail?

or was that "Fat Camp"?

Those are a couple of nice lookin linesides you got there, nice job!
    .......FISH ON!!!

i think ur just mad because u cant catch ****. if u cant catch them u might as well save them right? yeah im fat but ive never been put in cuffs. i just say it was self defense. would you like a lesson? hmmmm! hmmm! u see that... i just flexed my "E" muscles hahaha. go sit at a desk.
    Last edited by vanillagurilla; 03-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast