Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The duct last evening - 2 times the fun !

First of all,
    Stripers are almost an invasive species(theres tons of stripers in the ducts dude!)and theres not really a chance for them to even die off all at once just because gary caught 1 or 2 here and there.If he was irresponcible he would be taking over the limit or any other illegal activity like snagging,throwing fly buzzers and such.Rather then jacking your jaw,get off your arse and just go fishin(not for bait).
    Wow...... what a invasive reponse. Like I told Gary.. "Do your homework" If there were tons of stripes in the Duct, there would be tons of stripes caught. They are a predatory fish that will hit ANYTHING. I'm not saying don't keep them, I'm just stating look at the current conditions and base your fishing on that. Spawn time, drought conditions (water flow), Bluestoning that just occurred last week; these all have affects on the spawn.

BTW..... Let Gary hold his own rod
    Last edited by WJC71; 03-26-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WJC71 View Post
    Why don't you let them spawn Gary?
    Being such a "knowledgable" fisherman, you should know they start spawning in the ducts first this time of year. Real good job man.
    Caus sooner....... not later
    They're gonna be gone
    I'm not talkin about the Colorado fed lakes or stocked lakes either.
    Do your homework about the Delta fed watersheds and see what the approximated number was and is now. Also check out the new legislation trying to be passed right now - AB 1253

Everybody wants to "Kill,Kill" "Slay,Slay" the striper. You guys should just go after the LMB's and SMB's also.

Boy, you sure taught them a lesson now. That's what they get for skunkin
    "feelthesteel"

Why don't you be a responsible fishermen........ There's a lot of kids that idolize your arse on this site. Teach them selective fishing rather than blood, blood , kill, kill. That's the only way we are going to protect our fisheries in California.
    Your response would be SO much more well taken if you EVER had anything good to say here online, I don't think I've seen one positive post from you there friend ...sorry there buddy but it's each individual that makes the decision to do with what they want with their fish/catches, if someone idolizes anyone on this site they need to upfront know that it's thier decision not anyone elses.

And I can and will release a fair share when I decide to do so.

I do plan on doing many releases coming up here shortly but it will be my choice not that of one from someone noting someone elses catch and waiting to find any fault they can as I see you do so often, particularly with my catches.

Stripers will be fine and I'm well aware of the delta situation, I like to eat fish and when I choose to eat them I will and theres nothing wrong with that, everyone has taken the largemouth mentality into all other fish realms that do not necessarily apply.

I wont sit and debate about this cause it's thats simple.

I do FREQUENTLY fish and CATCH Largemouth Bass and I release 99.9999% of that species.

AND YES, once in a while I will eat a largemouth Bass too....I release countless THOUSANDS and if I want to eat one here or there I've earned the right.

I'm not telling everyone to eat all largemouth, I'm saying if you've caught and released hundreds....one or two from time to time is acceptable.

I've stated this before as well so please don't spin that out that I am now killing all largemouth.

Like I say, if you would have more creative input more on a regular basis, your whole post would be received in a much more receptive manner.

It's not my responsibity to make sure everyone on this site has good fishing habits, I try to do my share to help others indeed but don't put that on my back...it's each anglers duty to fish responsibly....not mine alone.

The stripers will prevail, they are spawning machines....noted one should be concious of the situation and thats why I note that some will be released hereforth...in fact I even mentioned this to my buddy last evening at the duct, they are a little more vulnerable in the duct as opposed to a lake regarding their spawn habits.

Thank you for the concerns and there is some worth in your intentions but I don't think they are 100% honorable in this case.

Thank you for the info.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by WJC71 View Post
    Wow...... what a invasive reponse. Like I told Gary.. "Do your homework" If there were tons of stripes in the Duct, there would be tons of stripes caught. They are a predatory fish that will hit ANYTHING. I'm not saying don't keep them, I'm just stating look at the current conditions and base your fishing on that. Spawn time, drought conditions (water flow), Bluestoning that just occurred last week; these all have affects on the spawn.

BTW..... Let Gary hold his own rod

Actually, Im one of the biggest conservationists here. And I thought it was a great report. I was kinda surprised at your claims. The current populations of stripers are VERY healthy and they are not in any danger whatsoever. As far as the Delta is concerned, Striper populations are the least of your worries.

My advice....Read an academic journal

My only complaint is that Gary never smiles in his pictures!!!!

Very well thought out response... Gary

Whew!!! Now thats over with can we get on with the KPN SPAM discussion Gary????

JK

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    My only complaint is that Gary never smiles in his pictures!!!!
    When I take picture for Gary & his catch, I always make sure he smile for the pic.....LOL.

Gary,
    I always ask you to smile....right??? .

KPN.

Quote Originally Posted by thepuma View Post
    Whew!!! Now thats over with can we get on with the KPN SPAM discussion Gary????

JK
    Ha ha ha aha....if I don't state what I caught it on....everyone gets pzzzed....if I state what I caught it on.......a handfull of people get Pzzzed....cant win....
    Catch e'm on anything you can, does not make a difference to me...

I know what I use ....!....Ha ha ha ha

I just want to fiash !....that it.....I love it....cant get enough of it....and I will continue to fish....

Did I mention that I like to fish ???

I think I'll go fishing tomorrow....Hmnnnnn....what should I use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    The current populations of stripers are VERY healthy and they are not in any danger whatsoever. As far as the Delta is concerned, Striper populations are the least of your worries.

My advice....Read an academic journal

I applaud your conservationist attitude, However when State gets rid of all striped bass fishing regs, those salt and Delta numbers will diminish quickly. Not from rec. anglers, but from commercial entities. The latest numbers to come out is that there are only 30,000 striped bass left that are trapped in the watershed and due to the lack of flow and crazy reservoir flucuations the spawn is only gonna be 10-12% succesful.

Well, I gotta get back to my academic journal...... Green Eggz n' Ham

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Ha ha ha aha....if I don't state what I caught it on....everyone gets pzzzed....if I state what I caught it on.......a handfull of people get Pzzzed....cant win....
    Catch e'm on anything you can, does not make a difference to me...

I know what I use ....!....Ha ha ha ha

I just want to fiash !....that it.....I love it....cant get enough of it....and I will continue to fish....

Did I mention that I like to fish ???

I think I'll go fishing tomorrow....Hmnnnnn....what should I use ?
    Thanks for making me laugh at work. Been a pleasure!!
    BTW I will be fishing with a plain hook tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by thepuma View Post
    Thanks for making me laugh at work. Been a pleasure!!
    BTW I will be fishing with a plain hook tonight.
    You'd be surprised at how well those work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    When I take picture for Gary & his catch, I always make sure he smile for the pic.....LOL.

Gary,
    I always ask you to smile....right??? .

KPN.
    That you have done buddy.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast