Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opener countdown

Default Opener countdown

I am going to OFFICIALLY start the countdown to the opener. Smitty said I could do it this year. Not really, I dont care nor does he

I wasnt sure if I was going to go. I have already taken vacation day. I think I back on track for this year.
    I have been checking out heaters on ebay. My 20,000 BTU doesnt do the job Looking at an 80,000 BTU heater, I will start at Intake II in the early morning and move elsewhere once the crowds show. Come on by,. I will be the dumb *** with the huge heater.

Can we get a snowpack report from the Infamous SierraSmitty. I like to hit the South Fork for the opener

Anyone else going, where you gonna fish.
    I will be camping at Four Jeffrys.

Nothing but being strapped down in a hospital bed will stop me from my 39th opener. I'll be camping in Rock Creek for a week.

I cant wait either. Ill be in a cabin just above Gull Lake.

Just met Smitty at the Fred Hall Boat Show in Del Mar. Nice to put a face to a name.

Never been up there for an opener. Is it elbow to elbow at most places???

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    Just met Smitty at the Fred Hall Boat Show in Del Mar. Nice to put a face to a name.

Never been up there for an opener. Is it elbow to elbow at most places???
    it gets a little crowded in some areas. Crowley, convict, Intake II Have pretty good crowds. I havent tried June Loop./
    If you get to the water early enough. You can get a choice spot. Dont expect to roll in a 6:30 AM and expect to get your pick.

I brave the cold to make sure I have the spot I want. That is why I am looking into a better heater this year

I have yet to catch anything of any size on the opener. I think it is all about celebrating the fact that trout season has begun. It is a party for alot people and an opportunity to hang out with friends.

Default 24 days and counting

I can smell it. It will be here sooner that you know. 24 days and couting

Default The Opener........

All,

Not gonna make the opener, but my brothers and I are heading up to Convict the week of the 18th of May. I have never been to Convict but I hear it's a little slice of HEAVEN!

My brothers have both been multiple times and are dragging me (be it willingly) along to do some serious trout fishing.

We're staying in one of the cabins, so hopefully we won't freeze are arses off!

Best of luck to those who choose to brave the crowds.

KH

Quote Originally Posted by King Halibut View Post
    All,

Not gonna make the opener, but my brothers and I are heading up to Convict the week of the 18th of May. I have never been to Convict but I hear it's a little slice of HEAVEN!

My brothers have both been multiple times and are dragging me (be it willingly) along to do some serious trout fishing.

We're staying in one of the cabins, so hopefully we won't freeze are arses off!

Best of luck to those who choose to brave the crowds.

KH
    May 18th is Mule Days and then the week of Memorial Day weekend - probably won't be much better as far as crowds go. You should still have a great time though - Convict is a beautiful lake and they have a good operation at the resort there. That area is a little crowded for my taste but I guess I'm a hermit like that. Have a blast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I have yet to catch anything of any size on the opener. I think it is all about celebrating the fact that trout season has begun. It is a party for alot people and an opportunity to hang out with friends.
    That's what people say who don't catch fish of size on the opener! hahahaha! To me its about catching big fish and celebrating trout season with friends lol!!!

has anybody heard yet what lakes will and will not be open in time for the season start?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast