Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: fairmount park

Default whats up

i was there today, all i seen were carp.

I did, but I can't say how I did...

Never Never go to fairmount on easter sunday, that place was figgin crazy!!! I got skunked :(

Default Tortillas for carp

I've seen some guys at Fairmont before catching carp on regular old tortillas on the hook. I have a feeling they threw a chum bag or something in the water cause they were catching em like they were goin out of style.

If you ever get a chance, fish carp specifically. If you ever get a 5 pound carp on your dinky 6lb test, you're reel is gona scream. That's a fight that tests your tackle gives you a benchmark as to what your gear can handle. DONT walk away from your rig, a carp will drag the whole damn thing in the water faster than you think. They bite a run far and straight to deeper water. And it's highly possible without enough drag, a carp will spool ya.

Overall I think carp are uber fun to catch and tough to land on light tackle. Not stealin light from the bass though.

ya i have seen a few people throw bags of chum into the waters by the tank and whould come back 3-4 hours later and fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHarry3 View Post
    I've seen some guys at Fairmont before catching carp on regular old tortillas on the hook. I have a feeling they threw a chum bag or something in the water cause they were catching em like they were goin out of style.

If you ever get a chance, fish carp specifically. If you ever get a 5 pound carp on your dinky 6lb test, you're reel is gona scream. That's a fight that tests your tackle gives you a benchmark as to what your gear can handle. DONT walk away from your rig, a carp will drag the whole damn thing in the water faster than you think. They bite a run far and straight to deeper water. And it's highly possible without enough drag, a carp will spool ya.

Overall I think carp are uber fun to catch and tough to land on light tackle. Not stealin light from the bass though.

im almost willing to bet i can catch a carp or trout in 20 minutes or less.
    i use a 4lb line......
    and ive seen 2 poles get pulled in the water within 1 day. and one was mine. lol. thank god for the people who carry extra large weights and deep sea poles!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    im almost willing to bet i can catch a carp or trout in 20 minutes or less.
    i use a 4lb line......
    and ive seen 2 poles get pulled in the water within 1 day. and one was mine. lol. thank god for the people who carry extra large weights and deep sea poles!
    You're tellin me. I bought a Shimano rod last year that rated 60-100 lb BRAIDED line. The rod is as light as a regular bass rod but I can pic up a 15 lb weight. I threw a Avet SX and some Blackwater 10lb flouro. Just crankin the fish in. Overkill I know, but if nothin else is bitting, you can catch carp.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456