Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-25-09 at Irvine Lake

Default 3-25-09 at Irvine Lake

Went fishing today with my good friend Suki. He has fished Irvine before but its been some time. I was the guide today. Once we got on the boat and our first stop was along the West shore. Droped anchors and set up with inflated N/C and power bait. Suki got bit right away on the N/C and landed a nice 3 pounder. Sweet. Guide trip going great so far. Waited for a while had farmed a few bites and it seemed that the bite died off about 8 thirtyish.

I decide to play a hunch and try an area that was productive for me last year in the Flats. There were a few boats around but none of them close to my spot. Anchored down and threw out Gulp Chunkie Chart. and Rainbow Turbo Powerbait. Got hit in a few min. and the fishing was on. Suki landed a nice 3 lbs. This trout fought great and had shoulders. I was hoping this was going to get good as this was a really nice class of trout. Sure enough, I got hit and I set the hook and landed a nice 3 lbs trout too. This was getting better by the min. We ended of with our limits at this spot. All the trout were in the 2 to 3 1/2 range with shoulders. All these trout hit our bait like a freight train. I guess these trout have been feeding on the shad and they are stong and beefy. I got the hit of the day. It was a flash back from last year when I was fishing the spot with Mitz. Mitz tells me I got a bite and next thing I know my rod and reel are going over board. This happened again today. A nice trout that was 3 1/2 or so hit my bait and my rod & reel was going over board. I jumped up to grab my rod and I fell down and got a nice strawberry on my knee. Bleeding and all. I did not take my eyes off my $$$$ rod & reel and reached out and grabed it and set the hook. Man did my knee hurt but I got that rod & reel steeling trout in the net & on the boat. I was stoked

You have to watch out for these rod & reel steeling trout at the lake They are in there waiting for you to be not paying attention. Bam next thing you know your stuff is gone. Don't laugh. It could happen to you.

Thanks for reading. It was a really nice day at the lake on the water. If you get the chance get out and get some.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 03-25-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Patrick....You, much like my wife and half the women at the senior center, must think that we guys actually buy Playboy magazines to read the articles. Where's the pics?

BTW, nice day off

Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    Patrick....You, much like my wife and half the women at the senior center, must think that we guys actually buy Playboy magazines to read the articles. Where's the pics?

BTW, nice day off
    Lmao...........

Way to slay them trout TM65.

Yeah patrick...where are the pics????????????????????? Nice job brother...

GD

Default TM65 the bomb

Great report,I hope one of these days I can fish with ya TM keep up the good work

BIG RICHARD

Sounds like a great day at the lake.....and since I was there to I can attest to the beauty of the day! Must admit that your presence of mind is much greater then mine because if I would of fell like you I don't think I would of ever have remembered to keep my eye on the rod and grab before it goes over...........let alone set the hook!! You might also want to consider full time work as a guide since you got your friend on the fish and put me on the spot I fished today. That would be 15 bloody tallies next to the Legendary Troutman65 aka Patrick. A beer to you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post

BTW, nice day off

Bruce, Your too funny I do own a digi camera but I need batt. and I have not figured out how to post them. One of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GET DA NET View Post
    Way to slay them trout TM65.

Thanks for the reply Bro. Next time you come to the lake I'll try to get you onto a hot spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Yeah patrick...where are the pics????????????????????? Nice job brother...

GD

Thanks Steve. Hope you and your little one came out to fish for some trout in the next two months.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast