Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oatums @ Coachella canal #2

Default Oatums @ Coachella canal #2

Ok here I go again. This morning I got up and load up my car to go do a job, shortly after I left the house I got a call. My client call and cancel on me. So much for makeing some cash today. Then I got an idea.......my fishing pole and cooler is still in the car, from yesterday trip. I was already on I10 so I thought...why not... lets go fishing. Got out to the spot, and start throwing the good o bomber. Around 10 cast later this guy jump out of the water and slam my lure. Hookuppppppppppp

Here is what he ate

Not sure if you can see it but they are shad in the water......tons of them

Then as usual a whole lots of nothing for about an hour. Then Chris got slam by something big. This thing was takeing drag like a tuna...lol.... about a few minute later this thing came up to the side. Yes it ate a rattle trap& back in the water after photo.

We did take a brake and check out the sea. Dont see much going on so we went back to the CC. Got a bunch of this little guys. Yes they all went back.

That was it for the trip. My gout is getting to me and I cant stand any more. So we call it the trip.

One last good bye before the BBQ

That is a 20'' cutting board it laying on. A slice of onion, lemon pepper seasoning, tomato, some basil, olive oil and wrap in a foil. On to the grill she goes, and then Ohhhhyeaaaa heaven......lol........ til next time. Thanks for reading.

Oatums

Nice work from both posts! Like your partner, I've had large carp hit various artificials over the past 20 years or so in both Coachella and Highline Canals. None on flies, though--they seem to be carp-proof. So far.

Wow, that water looks really nice and very nice fish man.

Quote Originally Posted by RamboBoy View Post
    I guess this place must be ILLEGALLY TRESPASSING! There is one or two of siphon(s) in Coachella Valley Canal.

I looked at the background of your post #1 and #2.

I don't think it is illegal to fish the cannal. I talked to the worker from CVWD, he said it is ok to fish there. The DFG came up and check my license yesterday. Even he said it was ok to fish there.

What do you think about this one DC ?

Default don't ask that question

[QUOTE=RamboBoy;323976]T
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Default Siphons

[QUOTE=RamboBoy;3
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:32 PM.

What is the difference between a siphon and a culvert? I thought a culvert was an ordinary place where the water was piped under the road so it kind of forms a vehicle crossing over the canal. Is that the same as a siphon?

Default Siphon

[QUOTE=H20Rusty;324459]W
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Default You should consider writing a book.

You are wealth of info quimosabe. Thankyou Desert Cat.
    Last edited by H20Rusty; 03-25-2009 at 08:39 PM.

It helps if your buddys with the Oatums...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast