Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The addiction begins!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for buying products made in the America

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    thanks for buying products made in the America
    honestly that played a part in my decision

AVET > all other reels.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

What shop did you get your reel from?

Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp View Post
    What shop did you get your reel from?
    THe 2 sx's and mxj from turners mxl from ebay.

Always so nice to get new toys....

We should organize an informal pre-season Avet magging / tear down party! I'm always up to learning and sharing new tricks & techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Always so nice to get new toys....

We should organize an informal pre-season Avet magging / tear down party! I'm always up to learning and sharing new tricks & techniques.
    I was looking into that seems easy to do just afraid to grind on a new reel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    LOL That's how my addiction started. I got one then I wanted another and now this is what I have.... I think I might need to seek some serious medical attention.

Avet's have a slight break in period. Usually after you pull on a nice fish or two you'll notice that the drags are little more smoother and have gotten a bit looser. That's normal. I'll usually break them in before I head out on the trip. Usually what I'll do is I'll mount it on a rod and then tie the spectra to a fence post and set the drag a little tighter than what I would normally set for the line I'm using and then wind and pull like I'm fighting a fish. Do this for about 10 mins and it should be good enough and your ready to go.

I thought I was bad... Ricky your Avets are too clean. I thought they were just ribbin on you when I heard you had a bunch of avets that havent been used. I believe it now. Let me break them in for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12