Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: cardiff 200 what rod?

Default cardiff 200 what rod?

Looking for a rod to put my cardiff 200 on. For use on half day and 3/4 day boats mainly for bass.

i'm actually looking to buy that same reel. Is it new to you or did you just purchase it?? How much did you pay for it??

I've had it for a few months now. Had it on a Penn slammer buy now time to change since I have a little more coin. The slammer is too beefy.

Seeker Blue Lightning 10-17 807-8.

So how do you like it?? What lb test are you running on it. Are you using it for like 1/2 or 3/4 day trips for sandies/calicos?? How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking?? Thanks

Cabela's has the Cardiff 200 on sale for $79.

Ive got the 200,and 300.great casting reels. On my 200 i just use my claris flipping stick. It has enough power to pull fish out fast its also great off the jettys for more power. I use 20lb ,8lb dia rated crystal fire line ,to have a crapload of line capcity in case i hook something big. I use a 10 to 15lb mono leader.i use the 200 for shore(jettys or rocks) and the 300 (same rod)for the boats just in case something bigger hits on the boat ,like a stray wsb ,or yellow tail.
    Last edited by PUDD MASTER BAITER; 03-24-2009 at 08:32 AM.