Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pudd tragedy

oh man, just like I heard at Cerritos, people all of a sudden fishing the lake who never fished before, one took an 8lb from what I heard. I hope the ones released weren't too damaged and stressed, I don't want to see any floaters when I make my return to the Pudd.

some of them meatheads actually eat that crud....naaaaassty

A couple of things to keep in mind.
    First, take limits are established by F&G based on each water body's ability to sustain a population.
    Second, it's every licensed fisherman/woman's responsibility to follow the rules whether they keep fish or release them.
    And third, quit trying to act like the bass in every lake are your own personal property.
    They're not, and instead of whining or doing something stupid like has been suggested here try asking some of those people if they know about CPR for bass. You may find a surprising answer.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbertom View Post
    First, take limits are established by F&G based on each water body's ability to sustain a population.
    Just curious, when was the last time F&G took a fish or better yet, a LMB survey at Puddingstone lake?
    What about the city park lakes like Cerritos, Tri-city or Laguna lake?
    Are you sure these take limits are based and established by EACH WATER BODY's ability to sutain a population? a year ago? 2? maybe 5?
    You too might find a surprising answer.
    Last edited by BassFreak; 03-22-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    oh man, just like I heard at Cerritos, people all of a sudden fishing the lake who never fished before, one took an 8lb from what I heard. I hope the ones released weren't too damaged and stressed, I don't want to see any floaters when I make my return to the Pudd.
    I heard that the 8lber was a catfish. They planted Cerritos a few weeks back with a catfish and the lake is seeing had a bunch more fishermen than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by craznazn View Post
    I heard that the 8lber was a catfish. They planted Cerritos a few weeks back with a catfish and the lake is seeing had a bunch more fishermen than usual.
    nope it was a bass...

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    nope it was a bass...
    That is tragic...

Default hey lizardking1

Quote Originally Posted by LIZARDKING1 View Post
    Went to puddingstone saturday morning and got there just before opening.I was about the 30th car back.I thought whew,lot of fisherman,hope I can get to one of my favorite spots.Got to the spot and was a little disapointed as there was about a 20 to 30 person group of fisherman that all knew each other.Seems they are having a bass tournament that I later found was an annual get together among friends.Sounds cool,right?Wrong!!I start to see some stringers and some water tight (Bass pro Shop)Fish carrier bags being pulled out of their cars and now its looking strange.They begin to disperse from each other and the circus begins.The first of many victims is shown in only photo taken.I regret not taking more but I was too pissed.This fellow waded into the lake about 15 to 20 yards till water was up to his chest and found the farthest rock to stand on and began fishing.He finally hooked a nice size LMB and I took this pic thinking he was going to release it right there,but his buddy grabs a digital scale and buries the scale hook right into the red gills of the bass.Nice going,dude.
    They quickly put the fish on a stringer and continued to fish.I asked them if they were going to let it go and the said they would later.Next thing you know the other buddies are bringing their fish over in bags and putting them on the same stringer.Why can't they just weigh it,take the pic and doc it?One of the locals I met was totally cool to talk with and said these guys were here last year and kept these pre-spawn fish.I must have seen twenty of these tossed on the stringer for bragging rights.I don't get it.
    Hey Lizardking1. I was one of the club members who fished that day at PUDD. It's not right to write about any fisherman negatively on the public without knowing the full story.
    2 of the lifeguards from the lake looked over us throughout our weighing in period and all of the bass were released safely back to the water. Fish on the stringers were only kept for weighing purpose because the gathering was ran in forms of a bass tournament.
    Didn't you realize that when you saw Bass Pro Shop's weighing bags?
    I don't know what to say about my friend posing in the picture and seeing himself getting insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbertom View Post

Second, it's every licensed fisherman/woman's responsibility to follow the rules whether they keep fish or release them.
    And third, quit trying to act like the bass in every lake are your own personal property.
    They're not.
    Co-sign ....

Default Point taken

Why put them on a stringer?I saw the way that fish was put on the stringer.You guys are supposed to be respectful anglers?Give me a break.What about the guy wading into the lake to fish?I noticed nobody in your group bothered to tell him that your not supposed to dip into the lake.How does that not work?...
    If I insulted your friend then I apologize.He was the who waded into the water to get a better cast and had to asked by the lifeguard not to.I believe the insult was on us too.
    Last edited by LIZARDKING1; 03-22-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast