Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris tournament yesterday (SAT)

Default Perris tournament yesterday (SAT)

Well Ive been on the bass big time for the last month at Perris and so yesterday was the ABA tournament there and I decided to get out there and have some fun.
    I figured the boat presure would affect my bite some but I still felt confident that Id do well.
    As it turned out, the boat presure didnt affect my fish as much as the weather did. The weather didnt shut my fish off it just made them bite slightly differently....not quite as aggressive because of the prefontal conditions. They still bit but I was ready for aggresive and the were very, very subtle.
    As it turned out I got 3rd place and I caught the BIG BASS of the tournament.. I had 18.95 lbs for my best 5 and my big bass was 6.51 lbs.
    We caught bass in 5-38 ft of water

Congrats to Rod and Pat for 2nd place!!

And Congrats to Kyle for his win!!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
    (909) 510 -5670

gj pete. You are lucky you can fish all these tournaments.

nice finish in tournament

i bet that fish was cuaght on the huddlebug

God Bless

basscatcher

Good job on the third place finish out there Pete. Keep on 'em.

Great job Pete.

I knew you were sandbagging when you said you didn't do that well.
    I guess not that well is a relative term...lol.

Congrats on the 3rd place finish.

Brent

thanks Pete, good job out there

Default Thanks guys......

Hogcaller... I knew we had about 18-19 lbs but I also knew it would take 20+ to win it.. My motto is.. "We are in it to win it"..
    When I mentioned that we didnt do too well all I could think of was the fact that we just didnt execute well doing the day. I was on the winning fish all day as I have been for about a month but we just didnt change our presentation with the weather change. I stuck with what i was comfortable with for most of the day. Fishing my baits the same as I have for a couple weeks now when Ive been rolling them up out there. That decision ultimately hurt me. Although our first bass of the morning was my 6 1/2 lber and I caught it the way Ive been presenting my bait to the bass for over a month. After that I just couldnt get them to eat the bait showing them it the way I was. In the mean time the top two teams were putting on a clinic in front of me. I had to dramatically alter my presentation to catch the others and also had to go to plan "B" for a little.
    I just feel like this is a tournament I should have won but I didnt make the presentation change early enough. Oh well live and learn.
    The top 2 teams deserve the top 2 spots...They earned them!!
    Im still happy with the final result especially since we thought we had such a bad day.

Congrats again to Kyle for his win..
    And congrats again top Rob and Pat for their 2nd place..

Pete

Default Perris

How many boats fished?

16 boats were in it

Pete you were lucky they let you weight that last fish in!! you only took 4 to the scale's and they had allready weight your big fish

You got Lucky on that

Good job out there for the guys that were on that bite, or any bite