Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pudd tragedy

Default Pudd tragedy

Went to puddingstone saturday morning and got there just before opening.I was about the 30th car back.I thought whew,lot of fisherman,hope I can get to one of my favorite spots.Got to the spot and was a little disapointed as there was about a 20 to 30 person group of fisherman that all knew each other.Seems they are having a bass tournament that I later found was an annual get together among friends.Sounds cool,right?Wrong!!I start to see some stringers and some water tight (Bass pro Shop)Fish carrier bags being pulled out of their cars and now its looking strange.They begin to disperse from each other and the circus begins.The first of many victims is shown in only photo taken.I regret not taking more but I was too pissed.This fellow waded into the lake about 15 to 20 yards till water was up to his chest and found the farthest rock to stand on and began fishing.He finally hooked a nice size LMB and I took this pic thinking he was going to release it right there,but his buddy grabs a digital scale and buries the scale hook right into the red gills of the bass.Nice going,dude.
    They quickly put the fish on a stringer and continued to fish.I asked them if they were going to let it go and the said they would later.Next thing you know the other buddies are bringing their fish over in bags and putting them on the same stringer.Why can't they just weigh it,take the pic and doc it?One of the locals I met was totally cool to talk with and said these guys were here last year and kept these pre-spawn fish.I must have seen twenty of these tossed on the stringer for bragging rights.I don't get it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0321090917a.jpg 
Views:	1187 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	11160  

well bass are not c&r up there so they can take them. i would never do that, but what can you do. people do what they want so what can you do.

Sad story!!!!! The annual poach fest!!! Come one, come all!!!

Very sad indeed.. Guess theres a reason why they hold their "get-together" right at spawn time?!?! I'll keep this in mind next year, give the office a call, I have a good hunch they didnt buy permits for their tourney/get-together.

Man that really sucks dude. It must have been really hard to watch. Can't do anything about it though, just gotta hope that the remaining bass spawn successfully and create many more bass for the years to come.

Oh theres LOTS you could do about it:

"Ooops, was that your stringer? Ohhh man, Im sorry. I thought that poor bass was unfortunately stuck on that piece of nylon. Just doing a good deed to free him. Wooops! was that your stringer too? hmmmm. Darnit guys, just tryin to help. Wow! All of these poor bass have string through their gills! How did this happen? Here, let me free these too. Ahhhh there we go...free bass. Doesnt that feel good? Oh hey! Why are you yelling at me? I dont speak that language. Is that Chinese? Im sorry, this is San Dimas. The signs are posted in English. Why are you giving me the finger? Now Im insulted. Perhaps taking your Daiwa Steez would help me to feel better about you. Here, Ill take THAT for my trouble. Dont make me have to smack you. I would rather not. Have a nice day. Oh, and pick up this trash when youre done."

Problem solved!

:-)
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 03-22-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

"Ooops, was that your stringer? Ohhh man, Im sorry. I thought that poor bass was unfortunately stuck on that piece of nylon. Just doing a good deed to free him. Wooops! was that your stringer too? hmmmm. Darnit guys, just tryin to help. Wow! All of these poor bass have string through their gills! How did this happen? Here, let me free these too. Ahhhh there we go...free bass. Doesnt that feel good? Oh hey! Why are you yelling at me? I dont speak that language. Is that Chinese? Im sorry, this is San Dimas. The signs are posted in English. Why are you giving me the finger? Now Im insulted. Perhaps taking your Daiwa Steez would help me to feel better about you. Here, Ill take THAT for my trouble. Dont make me have to smack you. I would rather not. Have a nice day. Oh, and pick up this trash when youre done."

Problem solved!

Gotta ask them if they know karate before you try to smack them like on Revenge of the Nerds... ha ha

well put stormcrow.we should put them on a stringer !!!!!!!!!!

i say we need to petition for c&r bass at lake puddingstone. theres plenty of REAL BASS FISHERMEN who would definitely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

Problem solved!

Do that to the wrong people and you will end up getting shot...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast