Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
Thanks. Looking forward to a great Pillaging Pirates report.

I will probably spool a reel with 4 or 6lb Seaguar InvisX and see how it handles.

Thanks Gary. The 2lb line is just a great challenge, but it depends on the line. I normally use Izor 2lb XXX and have not had a SINGLE fish break me off on it...ever... I was using Maxima Ultragreen this time and even though it is a little limper, it has a lot less abrasion resistance. I'm looking for a light line casting reel right now such as a Daiwa Alphas or Sol so I don't have to deal with the line twists.

8lb is just a little too much in my opinion unless you're hali fishing. With 8lb, I just horsed them out from their cover. LOL They never had a chance. NPH spottie and fish in general do not respond well to lines over 8lbs and even 8lbs is pushing it.

I'm probably gonna be in your area next time, unless I can find some ghosties. If I do, then I'm gonna fish for croakers.
Not sure about horsin any toads outa the cover but the smaller models maybe, it seems to be workin for you though so by all means don't fix it...

I can tell you that Seaguar invisx is an absolute Kick ARSE line (not cheap though), it actually holds up to the salt better than most as well (probably more salt/UV resistant to 3times) and super strong and super thin...they do make the new version ..AbrasX which is same diameter and stronger and more limp and less memory (not that invisX has much memory)....I have not tested that version in the salt yet to see the durability but for Striper fishing it has more than proven it's worth.

Anyway, doesnt matter the line, the test, the pole for that matter... in the end it 's just about getting on the fish.

Good luck,
Gary