Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wide Open Fishing in NPH 3/21

Kevin

Great report but where are the pics????

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    why 2lb test???LOL,,,if it was braid then its a whole other story,,,lol,,,Use 12lb.-15lb. test for big hammers bro...
    Ahh hellz no. I was getting bit basically every cast with 2lb and when I stepped it up to 30/8 and 8lb maxima, I was only getting a bite like every 3 or 4 casts. I'm gonna start spooling up with 4 or 5lb test.

Nice post for sure, but we need some photo's bro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Kevin

Great report but where are the pics????

Steve
    Thanks. Pics are on my dad's Iphone, but I don't know how to get them off. I wish I could bring an ACTUAL camera, but I'm not good at keeping electronics dry. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Eric View Post
    Nice post for sure, but we need some photo's bro!
    Thanks bro. Any ideas of how to get them off an Iphone?

Thanks for the report. The bite is definitely starting to happen at NPH. By the way, where did you park and launch your yak? At 15th Street? I'm trying to find a good area that has parking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kgselect View Post
    Thanks for the report. The bite is definitely starting to happen at NPH. By the way, where did you park and launch your yak? At 15th Street? I'm trying to find a good area that has parking. Thanks.
    Yep, i parked at 15th to launch the yaks, but moved the car to the residential area to avoid the coin slots. LOL My next excursion will probably be around M Street though because it have free parking, a great dock to make bait, a small sand beach, and fresh water showers.

Sounds like an awesome day in the harbor Kevin. I envy guys who still have their fathers around to fish with.........Great job!
    Me and a few pirates are going to invade the harbor on our tubes very soon!

Gotta love those spotties!

Thanks for the detailed report Team57 style!

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Ahh hellz no. I was getting bit basically every cast with 2lb and when I stepped it up to 30/8 and 8lb maxima, I was only getting a bite like every 3 or 4 casts. I'm gonna start spooling up with 4 or 5lb test.
    My bud (Bucketbay) uses 6lb. test Blackwater Line and it is super STRONG!Maybe their 4 is strong too?Too bad that line is expensive!lol...Flourocarbon rules!

My bud (Bucketbay) uses 6lb. test Blackwater Line and it is super STRONG!Maybe their 4 is strong too?Too bad that line is expensive!lol...Flourocarbon rules!
    Congrats on the catches out there in NPH, way ta go...

Not sure if I'd go with that light of line on a huge toad...with all the structure and the fight patterns of the fish that frequent there, I'd aggree you will get bit more but the chances of landing the trophies greatly diminishes as you go down in line test.

Not saying you cant land them but I think the risks outweigh the gain...

I personally run 8lb but even 6lb pushes the limit....

I for 1 will stay with 8 most times, I'll switch to a 6lb here and there but very very seldom.

I'm talking flouro.....

Think BIg fish....not many fish....quality not qty...

but one cannot dispute that just catchin fish isnt a hoot...that is why we do it..

Nice work out there..
    Congrats,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Sounds like an awesome day in the harbor Kevin. I envy guys who still have their fathers around to fish with.........Great job!
    Me and a few pirates are going to invade the harbor on our tubes very soon!

Gotta love those spotties!

Thanks for the detailed report Team57 style!
    Thanks. Looking forward to a great Pillaging Pirates report.

I will probably spool a reel with 4 or 6lb Seaguar InvisX and see how it handles.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Congrats on the catches out there in NPH, way ta go...

Not sure if I'd go with that light of line on a huge toad...with all the structure and the fight patterns of the fish that frequent there, I'd aggree you will get bit more but the chances of landing the trophies greatly diminishes as you go down in line test.

Not saying you cant land them but I think the risks outweigh the gain...

I personally run 8lb but even 6lb pushes the limit....

I for 1 will stay with 8 most times, I'll switch to a 6lb here and there but very very seldom.

I'm talking flouro.....

Think BIg fish....not many fish....quality not qty...

but one cannot dispute that just catchin fish isnt a hoot...that is why we do it..

Nice work out there..
    Congrats,
    Gary
    Thanks Gary. The 2lb line is just a great challenge, but it depends on the line. I normally use Izor 2lb XXX and have not had a SINGLE fish break me off on it...ever... I was using Maxima Ultragreen this time and even though it is a little limper, it has a lot less abrasion resistance. I'm looking for a light line casting reel right now such as a Daiwa Alphas or Sol so I don't have to deal with the line twists.

8lb is just a little too much in my opinion unless you're hali fishing. With 8lb, I just horsed them out from their cover. LOL They never had a chance. NPH spottie and fish in general do not respond well to lines over 8lbs and even 8lbs is pushing it.

I'm probably gonna be in your area next time, unless I can find some ghosties. If I do, then I'm gonna fish for croakers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast