Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Seal Beach

Default Seal Beach

Hit up SB pier 2day for a couple hours with TOOBS171. I Got a short butt. within the 1st 20 minutes on a ghost shrimp. After that nothing just short bites. Sorry no pics for some reason i wasnt thinking about it and tossed him back in the water and then realized I should of taken one of him.

Sweet. Haven't been down that way in a while.
    Good work on the shorty and thanks for the heads up.

At what part of the pier did you fish?

My first planned fishing trip of the year will be to SB pier on April 18th (28 days and counting) with my wife and several family members. They will be fishing inside Ruby's for breakfast will I remain outside, ever vigilant for the next big one.

bflf

I fished in front of the old "big fish - tackle shop" on that first set of benches. I hooked that one on a ghost shrimp. Your best bet is to catch a small tom cod or a small smelt for live bait and huck that out there.

You shoulda tried for some perch. They were goin off for me the past two time I went there.

Keep experimenting and you will do better with time!!!

Steve

I'm heading out to SB Pier in the mornin w/ TOOBS171 anyone wanna meet us down there we'll be fishing in front of the old bait shop. You wont be able to miss me I'm the tall guy with a black hat.