Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PVR Bicycle Alert!

OK so we'll leave the pitch forks and torches for another time. And nobody said anything bad about the DWP employees, heck I've hitched a ride back to the parking lot several time from these guys. Just poking a little fun, and come on the excuse to close Hawiee because of terrorist is laughable... right?

Default DWP Workers

Don't get me wrong, all the times I've come across the people that work there, they are really cool. But this decision seems to have no good legs to stand on.

Retired, can you clue us in on the email or a phone number where concerned fishermen can voice their opinion?
    Last edited by daveg456; 03-24-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveg456 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, all the times I've come across the people that work there, they are really cool. But this decision seems to have no good legs to stand on.

Retired, can you clue us in on the email or a phone number where concerned fishermen can voice their opinion?
    I just used the DWP website, and used the " contact us' email. have not received a response yet.

what about electric scooters? Lets see where this thing goes. I am all about bucking the system.
    What about a unicycle? If they say no bicycles. What if I have a tricycle. It clearly isnt a bicylce. Bi=2. tri=3. I would clearly be within my legal rights.
    Where is our teacher friend, he can back me on this.

Who is going to enforce. DFG, local PD, DWP employees could care less if we take bikes in.

If this is true thats really gonna suck.... But as previously stated that"ll just leave more fish for me b/c it will cut out all the efficient fishermen who bike to the best spots =P

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    what about electric scooters? Lets see where this thing goes. I am all about bucking the system.
    What about a unicycle? If they say no bicycles. What if I have a tricycle. It clearly isnt a bicylce. Bi=2. tri=3. I would clearly be within my legal rights.
    Where is our teacher friend, he can back me on this.

Who is going to enforce. DFG, local PD, DWP employees could care less if we take bikes in.
    If it comes to that, I'll break out my dork cap and buy some roller blades or a razor. What are they going to do when they see little kids on their razors? Have a speed trap and tackle them as they go buy and take away their scoobie doo fishing poles too?

Can Team 57 put together a PVR Biker shirt or something?
    Last edited by daveg456; 03-24-2009 at 05:58 PM.

its probably for the same reason you cant ride at quail lake, which is, actually i dont know

Default DWP Contact Info

Here's the phone number and email addresses to air your concerns so they don't take your Scoobie Doo poles and the new razor you spent all night decking out with sequins and pearls.

1-800-DIAL-DWP (1-800-342-5397),
    or 213-481-5411,

ccenter@ladwp.com

Default e-mail from dwp

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the email. WON mistakenly printed in their 3/20/09 issue that bikes are no longer allowed on the PV road adjacent to the reservoir. Apparently their reporter misunderstood a new sign at the walk-through gates, and did not call our office to check before printing the notice. The signs are meant to inform the public that MOTORIZED vehicles are not allowed, which has been the policy since the reservoir opened in the 1950s. Our staff is going to change the signs ASAP to avoid confusion.

Please be assured that bikes are still allowed and there is no change in the long-standing policy.

Regards,

Chris Plakos
    LADWP
    Bishop Office

Thats good news, but I still have to walk because I don't own a bike.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast