Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PVR Bicycle Alert!

For those of you that would like to read a very good book about the DWP and the Owens Valley water, " Cadillac Desert" by Mark Reisner. Its a very good read and details many of the shady and fraudeulent ways LA obtained the land and water rights.

I almost got slammed into by 3 out of control bikers walking down to my truck in the dark on the Friday before the Blake Jones Derby. That said, I would not advocate banning bikes. Some people really go all out in decking out there fishing wagons. they should have a wagon prise for the derby.

...bad news but this will make fishing better in the mid section of the lake eventually.

Default Brilliant!!!

Can we get a PVR bailout so we can ride a bike?

Nice job DWP of supporting your friends and neighbors and the economy in the Long Valley. I know me and my friends won't be taking another trip this year to PVR, before the real season opens, to spend my money in the area. I already went up there once in the off season but you multiply that by dozens if not hundreds of people that WILL NOT go up there any more and you have done a real disservice to the local community.

PVR is a treasure as you can fish it all year long and being able to ride bikes there allows families to bring their kids and plant the seeds for future fishermen to come back again and again. Why would you put road blocks to increasing interest in the area, especially during these economic times?

Is the Federal Reserve running PVR now too?

I sent a email to DWP regarding bikes at PVR, asked if its true and if so the reason. will post their response if I get one.

Default Solutions

I know a lot of road bikers use that road too vs. riding on the 395 with cars buzzing you at 80 mph so you can add another group of human economic stimulus that will be affected by this idiotic decision.

The only reason I can see for them to restrict bikes is that people are parking in the middle of the road and the DWP truck that drives by has to deal with this hassle. If this is the case, have signs up saying you can't park in the middle of the road. If it's about a liability issue, have people fill out a release form with a sticker on the bike. If you don't have a sticker, you can't PARK there. This would still allow the road bikers to ride through since they are not stopping to fish.

Whatever the issue, there are simple solutions that can be implemented for the benefit of all.

Just spotted a guy on a trike today there .. He had a big smile and an empty promise ... LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obama-weed.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	11220  

No doubt bikes would give access to the terrorist... and mussles. Can't believe you guy just don't understand the serious danger bicycle represent. Thank goodness DWP is looking out for all of us.

has anyone seen any official statement. Seems like mob mentality. Where is my pitch fork? If I head up there in the next few weeks. i am taking my bike. Are they going to post a guard

I for one have worked with the guys at the DWP plant on Gorge Road. they allowed me to go inside and interview several of the employees. i needed some footage on Alternative Energy (hydro-electric)
    DWP doesnt really care about the power, that is a by-product of getting water to LA. Cool guys that work in the office. Before we burn down the place, how about we get some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    has anyone seen any official statement. Seems like mob mentality. Where is my pitch fork? If I head up there in the next few weeks. i am taking my bike. Are they going to post a guard

I for one have worked with the guys at the DWP plant on Gorge Road. they allowed me to go inside and interview several of the employees. i needed some footage on Alternative Energy (hydro-electric)
    DWP doesnt really care about the power, that is a by-product of getting water to LA. Cool guys that work in the office. Before we burn down the place, how about we get some answers.
    I'm interested to see the response to Retired96's email - that should be enlightening.

Martin Strelneck has been here a very long time and is highly respected and well connected up here - I'd be shocked if he would report something like this if he didn't know for sure. I guess time will tell.

http://www.wonews.com/t-NCOnteSpotEv...an-031609.aspe

BTW - I've met some of the DWP guys too - all have been cool. I wouldn't think those guys are in a position to make policy though...probably the higher-ups.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast