Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PVR Bicycle Alert!

Default PVR Bicycle Alert!

In the 3-20-09 issue of WON, in the Eastern Sierra Fishing Formcharts, I will Quote the following: "Bad news is that BIKES ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED BY DWP on the road next to Pleasant Valley Reservoir."...I wonder what happened? It has got to be something that occurred during the Blake Jones Trout Derby....Has anybody out there heard anything about this???????

That is interesting.... I wonder what may have brought this about?

Wow - that blows. I hate DWP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    Wow - that blows. I hate DWP.
    Nothing wrong with the DWP. They let us all have access to places that if it was owned by private landowners, we would not have access to. Can you imagine what the Owens Valley would look like if a 100,000 plus people lived up there? All the waterfront property would have no trespassing signs everywhere. No hunting or fishing except in the National Forest. Most people I have met who live up there are happy the DWP is the major landowner!

Quote Originally Posted by fly addict View Post
    Nothing wrong with the DWP. They let us all have access to places that if it was owned by private landowners, we would not have access to. Can you imagine what the Owens Valley would look like if a 100,000 plus people lived up there? All the waterfront property would have no trespassing signs everywhere. No hunting or fishing except in the National Forest. Most people I have met who live up there are happy the DWP is the major landowner!
    It's a love/hate thing with DWP. I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are some pluses to DWP being here - but I can still resent them for the way the land was taken and strongly dislike some of their policies.

And can you imagine what the Owens Valley would look like if LA wouldn't have bought all the land stole the water 100 years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by fly addict View Post
    If the DWP had it anything to say about it we wouldn't have access to any of the water they control up there including Crowley! They make up reasons to shut us out of access to water. The only thing stopping them is the threat of lawsuits and public outcry. Then they re-water a section of the Owens and they and LA's mayor pat themselves on the back, although the reason the river ran dry was of their own doing.

Quote Originally Posted by retired96 View Post
    And can you imagine what the Owens Valley would look like if LA wouldn't have bought all the land stole the water 100 years ago..
    Yea I can imagine it would look like LA, with smog, traffic, gangs, and no open land for the public to enjoy. And maybe pay high prices at private lakes to catch fish with out tails. Yes the DWP may not be perfect, and how they ended up with all the land up there may not be totally legal, but the alternative would be far worse for people who want to get away and enjoy the outdoors! I am not going to complain about the DWP past actions, that’s history.
    In the last 10 years or so the DWP has had to rewater or maintain minimum flows on rivers and streams. That just makes the area better for the fishing enthusiast. I am going to take advantage of the outdoor opportunities that the DWP provide today in the Owens Valley! And no I have never worked for the DWP!

I can't for the life of me think of one good reason why DWP would ban bikes at PVR. I wonder if someone got hit by a bike rider. The few times I fish PVR each year, most everyone I see is walking.

Would really like to know the reason for the ban.

Yea , the first time I went to the owens as a kid , I was blown away by all the LA county signs everywhere. ?? Huh ?? I thought this was Inyo County ? How did they do that ? My Dad said, Son its all about the water in California. It could start wars.. Yea someone stole all that water.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast