Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Park lake off Del amo bloomfield

Default Park lake off Del amo bloomfield

Not sure what its called, but decided to check it out. Water visibility is very very poor. Was throwing a jig for awhile until i lost it to i'm assuming one of the pipes. Then tried fishing with a wacky rigged senko for nada. Saw one guy catch a very small LMB, saw a few dead catfish, hundreds of birds, and bird sh** everywhere.

Talked to a few regulars that fish there everyday, theres a few pigs in there, 4-5 8 lbers, he had pics to prove it too lol. But unfortunately their are lots of poachers.

Anyone fish here before? Seems like a decent lake to throw some cheap swimbaits, spinners, or shalow cranks as long as you know where the pipes are. Not sure if i'm going back though.

that regional, I fish there at least 2 times a week. There are lunkers there. Have yet to land one, but I hooked on a solid 5 lb couple weeks ago and it spit out my hook. I know the regulars there, serious bass anglers... cool people. If you see people catching bass, make sure they release it. I actually haven't been there in 2 weeks... I'll be there sometime next week. Who did you talk to there?

I talked to a shorter, little bit pudgy asian guy, he was pretty cool, filled me in on the lake, popular spots etc. He said he was gonna try and get a petition to put up a sign saying catch and release only.

go mess with el dorado park off spring street if you're in the LBC

that is where i usually go, just wanted to try something different. For a park lake, eldo is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman9 View Post
    I talked to a shorter, little bit pudgy asian guy, he was pretty cool, filled me in on the lake, popular spots etc. He said he was gonna try and get a petition to put up a sign saying catch and release only.
    not familiar with him... if he was mexican, then I'd know who you're talking about... guy who carries shimano backpack

I was there Wednesday on my motorcycle (with my 2 piece rod in a back pack of course) scoping out how the fishing was after the recent trout plant.

Action was dead.

Checked out downey too, the water had more slime and froth than usual; so that was a no go.

Finally, ended up at eldorado and got smacked in the face with a rod tip by a highschool kid . I WAS LIVID I warned him in the past about his unsafe fishing etiquette; .2 inches higher and I'd be wearing an eye patch. I will WEAR SUNGLASSES from now on.

I left shortly after when 20 more people showed up and proceded to: cast over you, snag fish with their uglysticks and 15lb test line, using oversized kastmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradakas View Post
    And got smacked in the face with a rod tip by a highschool kid . I WAS LIVID I warned him in the past about his unsafe fishing etiquette; .2 inches higher and I'd be wearing an eye patch. I will WEAR SUNGLASSES from now on.

I left shortly after when 20 more people showed up and proceded to: cast over you, snag fish with their uglysticks and 15lb test line, using oversized kastmasters.
    Sounds like the City Park experience to me!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Sounds like the City Park experience to me!
    LOL you bet. Can't wait to try out the saturday 1/2 day AM boat experience this year too!! NOT...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradakas View Post
    I was there Wednesday on my motorcycle (with my 2 piece rod in a back pack of course) scoping out how the fishing was after the recent trout plant.

Action was dead.

Checked out downey too, the water had more slime and froth than usual; so that was a no go.

Finally, ended up at eldorado and got smacked in the face with a rod tip by a highschool kid . I WAS LIVID I warned him in the past about his unsafe fishing etiquette; .2 inches higher and I'd be wearing an eye patch. I will WEAR SUNGLASSES from now on.

Why weren't you using sunglasses fishing, in the first place?
    Not sure which lake or time you were fishing at eldo.. but i've never had lines crossed or had people try to steal spots and i fish there at least twice a week. Most are regulars or people that know how to fish.. once in awhile some young huligans but other then that pretty nice people out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast