Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Local Moo-moo Trips 06/12-13 w/pics

Hi fishinfool,

Pictures from a cell phone are fine. I'm thinking more like an up-grade of the photo skills of the person BEHIND the camera!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Besides ... with a $600 photo editing program, any pictures can be made to look great! :shock: :roll:

JapanRon

Hi dschmaltz,

Being retired .... I have plenty of time to work on reports. It takes me a number of hours to complete the entire process. I'm sure you understand that every picture is trimmed and edited. 50 plus pictures.

Some of the asides I write ahead of time and some are always from the days' experience.

I won't admit how much time it really takes. Some feel retired peoples' time is totally free thus worthless. What I do know it that 99% of the boats I ride and write about presently don't think my reports are worth a thank you, atta-boy ... or ...... one-red-cent, nothing. That tells ya something about them and our society at large.

Most anglers are my kind of people so ...... whatever else I know, you guys respect my efforts. Respect .... ah that was the word I was searching for ... :) :)

Good fishin' and await your next adventure,

JapanRon

Hi one_leg,

On giving away fish: As you know ... I don't keep fish but I want the option as to where they're going! :lol: :lol: What's really ironic is that the aside I wrote about watching one's stuff/fish was written Monday this week (befoe the trip) when I realized that a big influx of garbage (%-wise) would be coming on the boats with the large runs of Barracuda and Sand Bass with supposed easy limits.

On giving a guy fish to placate them: Sometimes a 'new to fishing' angler will resist returning a fish to the water but the guy that was all bent out of shape was a seasoned angler from what I could see. He was old-school, kill everything .... whether you want to keep it or not!

Same mentality as many Carp anglers in Japan that would dig a hole in a river bank so they could throw in non-Carp catches. You see ... these guys wanted to kill everything but the fish they liked to catch!! Kinda scarry ain't it! This is why certain countries near-shore, ocean fisheries (not Japan) are totally decimated .... totally !!

On the theives .... I saw them and I think their lives are pretty much carp anyway :wink: .... that's revenge enough!! :lol: :lol:

tsurikichi

By brown bait what do you mean? Sardines?

Hi SanDimasLMB,

A brown bait is actually a generic term but it usually refers to a small 5 to 6 inch Queen Fish or Croaker. I have a picture of them in the bait well. They get the brown from the brown or golden color of their backs.

JapanRon

Quote Originally Posted by JapanRon
    Hi SanDimasLMB,

A brown bait is actually a generic term but it usually refers to a small 5 to 6 inch Queen Fish or Croaker. I have a picture of them in the bait well. They get the brown from the brown or golden color of their backs.

JapanRon
    Oh, ok. Thanks Ron. Usually instead of brown bait I'm used to Tom Cod

Quote Originally Posted by JapanRon
    Hi fishinfool,

Pictures from a cell phone are fine. I'm thinking more like an up-grade of the photo skills of the person BEHIND the camera!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Besides ... with a $600 photo editing program, any pictures can be made to look great! :shock: :roll:

JapanRon
    Ok..you got me :lol: .......did you see the dock count on WSB today...31

almost everyone limited out early only exception was the Phantom, They went 4 out of 11 hookups......

hope the Boat pressure don't kill the bite......I will post a report on Sunday night

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12