Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back... Mondo21

Default I'm Back... Mondo21

Got to the Lake late on Saturday around 5:20am. It was super crowded. I couldn't find my keys to leave eariler and my Boyfriend was telling me to eat before I left also. Then when Charles finally found the key under the bedcovers, I went and picked up my Friend's daughter Sonya. This was her first trip to Irvine Lake. Her family fish saltwater at the beaches.
    Made a call to Patrick aka Troutman65,said hello to him. I finally got thru the gate at about 6:40am and I usually fish "The Flats" and I didn't go there because I thought it would be crowded already. I should of followed my 1st. mind and went anyway.
    It was super cold out and we went to a spot on Trout Island Rd. next to the big tree,Big mistake!!! It was a road now covered in water.The dirt was rock hard. It took a lot of strength to put in the rod holders. We met some nice Peps,Scott his wife and their Dog.. I may have convince them to join Team 57. They were also impress w/Yamafish rod holders.
    I set up and in about 5 minutes,my bell goes off,very gentle,fish-on. He was pan-size. Not picture worthy. Shonya got one about 2 hours later:

TM65 stopped by:

Then It just got colder,and we sat and sat. The sun peep out and ran away a couple of times.
    I took my next door neighbor to meet Rodger because she wanted to buy 2 rod holders. Sonya and I stayed there at the bait shop. I had lunch with Yamafish and his son. Nice seeing and talking to you Rodger. I bought some gear. Then we went outside and talked to Jimmy, I also spoke to Sue and seen her nice Fattie she caught. Talked to TM65 again. I also said hello to One-Leg, seen 2Quickmotorwerks. Said hello to Robert,last years Berkley winner. I seen GrannyFish,didn't get to say hello. Hope I didn't miss anyone's name I did see.
    Here's a few pics of the BerkleyTourney:

Here's Troutdog winning a a pair of pliers
    Nice seeing you Aaron.

Jimmy and one of the Tourney placed prize Winners:

Last Pic of the Berkley Tourney:

Wait one more:

It was great being back at Irvine,hope to get back there next week when the weather is warmer. I missed seeing some Peeps,heard that Pontoon and Trolly was there but missed seeing them. I miss seeing The Magic Man Mitz also,don't know if he was there Saturday. Hope to see you Guys real soon... Cindy

Another grea time at the vine! I got the skunk !

Cindy,
    Mikie and I enjoyed eating lunch with you :-)
    The cafe was the best place to be in from the cold!
    Thanks for sending your neighbor over for some rodholders!

Cindy.. Good luck in the WON SCTO Event!
    Bring back a Win and the grand prize Boat :-)
    I'm thinking that LF and I may sit this one out. It already looks like alot of people for an event! Yikes..
    I've recently experienced the drama that happens when a little bit of prize money is on the line.. people go nuts..
    They were seriously about to throw some blows up there on Sat at weigh in.
    Drama... Is it really all necessary?
    It could become a Fishing / MMA event ...LOL

See ya soon
    Rodger - YamaFish
    Last edited by yamafish; 03-16-2009 at 05:36 AM.

Nice report and some great pics Cindy!
    Thanks for sharing!

Dana

Missed seeing you on sat cindy. Looks like you're feeling better. Fishing does that and yes, it was cold all day out there. brrrrrrrrr OFG

Nice report and pics!

Nice report and welcome back to the water Cindy! Looked like it was a slow but nice day out there for you!

Glad 2 see ya still got it .. The lake missed you as well as many others. Take care

Nice report Cindy, welcome back to the vine.

Doctorhook

Cindy,

I'm glad to see that you are back having a good time a the Vine. I'm sorry we missed you but we had to get on the road to meet some prior commitments.
    I hope to see you real soon and in the mean time keep the great reports coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast