Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berkley Cup Tournament 3/14/09

Default Berkley Cup Tournament 3/14/09

All I can say about the 2009 Berkley Cup is Amazing! A total of 153 anglers signed up to fish for the Cup and with the stocking of some giants a couple of days prior and the night prior this tournament proved to be one for the books.
    Before this writer even showed up to work there where a couple of lunkers weighed in. Then a giant made its way to the scales. Mike Traut of Fullerton was the lucky angler to hook the [B]GIANT[B] Rainbow. Mike made the catch while trolling the West Shore with a Owner Cultiva Minnow in the Goldfish pattern. Mike releyed to me that he fought the fish for about 10minutes. The fish was immediatly brought to the scales with the lure deep down the fish's throat. The fish was postioned on the scale and the scale read [B]15.12!!!![B] Congratulations Mike on a impressive catch.

Of course with a fish like that Mike was the winner of the Berkley Cup. Here is the 2009 Champ with his new swag and his Cup.

Coming in a distant 2nd place was Glenn Struckmann with a 8.08 Rainbow. Glenn made his catch from a undisclosed location with Power bait. By finishing in 2nd place Glenn joins his son John in the Masters. This years 2nd father son qualifiers! Congraulations Glenn and good luck in the Masters. Teach that son a thing or two about fishin'.

Third Place went to Vlad Roschhupkin of Pomona with his 8.06 Rainbow taken from the flats on a nightcrawler. Congratulations Vlad and good luck in the Masters.

Fourth Place went to Jeff Hansen of Garden Grove and his 6.0 Steelhead taken from the West Shore on Pink Powerbait. Congratulations to Jeff as well.

And here are the top 10 from today. These lucky 10 anglers have earned a shoot at the Masters title to be held in the middle of April.

1. Mike Traut 15.12
    2. Glenn Struckmann 8.8
    3.Vlad Roschhupkin 8.6
    4.Jeff Hansen 6.0
    5.Kevin "Fishers got a new college fund" Jamieson 3.6
    6.John Levingston 3.2
    7.Andrew Rincon 3.2
    8.Kecork Bedirlia 3.2
    9.Nick Martinescu 3.2
    10.Thomas Joy 3.0

Once again a big congratulations goes out the winners of todays event! I was blown away by the sheer number of contistents in todays tournament. Remeber everyone there is still one more chance to qualify for the Masters event via tourmanet and that is going to be [B]APRIL 5TH AT THE APRIL FOOLS TOURNAMENT WHERE WE WILL HAVE A SPECIAL STOCKING OF GORILLA SIZED YELLOWFIN TUNA AND BIG BULL DORADO!!!!![B]. Make sure to bring the Tady 45's for some skip jig action and the chunck rods for the Cow Yellowfin! hahaha.. But I wish everyone good luck to come.
    Jimmy

Seeing these "FAT Beauties" in person was Fabulous. Congrats to all who won money and prizes. I didn't win anything But... had a ball as usual. Good seeing you Jimmy. Cindy

Congrats to everyone who placed today !!!

As for the Berkley Cup Champ Mike, He has paid his dues at the lake for some time and is well deserving of the title. Nice going Mike !!!

Glen, Congrats on your catch and placing in the Masters. Very cool for you to be fishing with your Son in the Masters.

Kevin, AllI can say is I am glad you placed today and congrats Bro !!!
    See you soon at your shop.

This was a great day at Irvine Lake and I am glad I was there to see it.

Jimmy,
    Lots of fun today!
    Even watching the drama of the 14lb - 10oz Trout that got DQ'd at the weigh in was intresting! I was thinking that punches were going to start flying when he got DQ'd... drama....

Lots of fun today.. Just my luck - I get my PB Bass
    Released Safely back on the point
    You should have let me weigh it in tourney! I finally would have qualified! LOL !

Mikie and I took back 4. The larger one you weighed in came up short on 10th pl - We were trolling a XPS chart/red

Had a great time today! Mikie was driving and getting some stick time on the fish.
    Mondo - Mikie and I enjoyed eating lunch with you :-)
    TM - Thanks bro for your assitance today! much appreciated!
    Bing - Good to see ya out there. I'm sure ya did better than we did..
    Glenn - Congrats on the Toad!

See ya out there soon
    Rodger - YamaFish

[QUOTE=yamafish;320165]

Even watching the drama of the 14lb - 10oz Trout that got DQ'd at the weigh in was intresting! I was thinking that punches were going to start flying when he got DQ'd... drama....

ya ur ryte drama tht pos dbag who told the lake i snagged the fish is fuul of sh*t he was just jealous as he admitted later and was laffin about it after the fact for those of u who dont know the person(bob barr) who ratted on me for somethin i didnt even do used to b my rod sponser thn he showed me his real colors and i left him for his old businees partner whom treats me way better and makes better quality rods he even sed he did this to screw me over he was pist abt me leavin him and plus he was not catchin fish today so he got jealous he cost me 520 dollars but its about more tn just the money the reason he went and lied to thm is bs hes a sry excuse for a human being and fisherman for tht fact maybe if he learned to jig he wood also get chances at big fish like i and so many others do........ needless to say after wards he confronted me for tlkn bad about him after he tarnised my name at a lake i am very well known at and tht suks eb=ven more but to all other phenix boys i wont hold it against u cuz u got a old ***** sory excuse for a fisherman as part of ur team................ if u reacll bob barr made masters last year and i know for a fact he snagged his fish HE TOLD ME WHILE I WAS SPONEER BY HIM HE IS A JOKE TO SOCIETY AND I WANT MONEY CUZ I DID NOT SNAGG THT FISH AND NEVER DO SNAGG FISH INTENTIONALLY SOMETIMES U JUST CANT HELP IT AS FOR IRVINE LAKE THEY HANDLEED THE SITUATION POORLY OUTTA THHE 10 PEOPLE I WAS FISHING W ONE IDIOT SED I SNAGGED IT AND THEY BELIEVED HIM......... wen i worked at irvine lake we had several compalints about people snagging fish bein caught on camera and seen by employess and nothin was done....... the fish did have a mini jig in its back but i was not mini jigging wen i hooked the beast i was dropshottin bs i want my money end of story dnt know if i will ever b back to tht lake again

Default frenchy

sorry about the DQ keep at it your going to win the big one next time.As for the guy that ratted you out he sucks and alot of people know the way he is even some of his team members got his number. hope to fish next to you sometime
    Last edited by smokindrags; 03-15-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yamafish View Post
    Jimmy,
    Lots of fun today!

Lots of fun today.. Just my luck - I get my PB Bass
    Released Safely back on the point
    You should have let me weigh it in tourney! I finally would have qualified! LOL !

Mikie and I took back 4. The larger one you weighed in came up short on 10th pl - We were trolling a XPS chart/red

Had a great time today! Mikie was driving and getting some stick time on the fish.
    Mondo - Mikie and I enjoyed eating lunch with you :-)
    TM - Thanks bro for your assitance today! much appreciated!
    Bing - Good to see ya out there. I'm sure ya did better than we did..
    Glenn - Congrats on the Toad!

See ya out there soon
    Rodger - YamaFish

Rodger, I was more than happy to help you out. I am glad Mikie & you had a good day. I was susprised when Mikie came up to me with 2 of your rod holders. Bro, your just too kind. I did have a great Idea when I got them in my hand. The Raffle !!!! So I donated them to the Lake raffle and would you know it 2 kids won the rod holders !!!!!! That was very cool to see. Rodger your the best bro !!! Thanks !!!! See you on the water.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 03-15-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VineAssist View Post

Coming in a distant 2nd place was Glenn Struckmann with a 8.08 Rainbow. Glenn made his catch from a undisclosed location with Power bait. By finishing in 2nd place Glenn joins his son John in the Masters. This years 2nd father son qualifiers! Congraulations Glenn and good luck in the Masters. Teach that son a thing or two about fishin'.

This is going to be interesting! Congratulations Glenn. I'll be rooting for the Father/Son combo at the Masters.

Congratulations as well to all those who placed this weekend.

Nice job out there GlennsFishing....best of luck to both of you at the masters!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    This is going to be interesting! Congratulations Glenn. I'll be rooting for the Father/Son combo at the Masters.

Congratulations as well to all those who placed this weekend.
    Bravo! Father & son team.....nice job!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast