Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I becoming a tackle whore?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Tackle whore is trying to find a Megabass Diablo Slant Bridge, and when you find it, not minding paying $1000 for it.
    lol, you're right

You're on your way there, but you won't be totally converted until you start buying JDM rod and reel combos. Some useful vocabulary includes (but not limited to): JDM, Megabass, Evergreen, ZPI, and Bassart. A good working knowledge of all the limited edition and discontinued JDM rods and reels is also useful. I am only half way there seeing as I have never bought a high end JDM rod. Seen and held a few, but never bought one.
    DarkShadow's statement hits the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    You're on your way there, but you won't be totally converted until you start buying JDM rod and reel combos. Some useful vocabulary includes (but not limited to): JDM, Megabass, Evergreen, ZPI, and Bassart. A good working knowledge of all the limited edition and discontinued JDM rods and reels is also useful. I am only half way there seeing as I have never bought a high end JDM rod. Seen and held a few, but never bought one.
    DarkShadow's statement hits the nail on the head.
    lol i want some of those JDM reels and rods, like the megabass. Some guy I fish with came from Japan and has a nice megabass rod. I want that Shimano Aldebaran, but am not willing to cough up the dough with no warranty...

I'm fairly new to fishing still, just at one year, but I'll get there. probably not as much as DS though lol, maybe when I get a better paying job and finish school.

speaking of JDM reels, look at the Shimano Scorpion XT

http://www.japantackle.com/Shimano/S...ionXT_1500.htm

Not a Whore yet,, just a slut,, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    ...probably not as much as DS though lol.
    Not even.

If I dropped $1000 on a rod, I'd have to survive on 99 cent McDoubles for about 2 months.

And if I had to go as low as to surviving on 99 cent McDoubles for 2 months to support my habit of wanting limited edition fishing rods from Japan, I'd hope I'd soon walk into a room with my close friends and family, THIS guy:

and some cameras from A&E.

Last edited by DarkShadow; 03-16-2009 at 09:35 AM.

my buddy has the Megabass Destroyer Tomahawk F4-67TX, looks sick! and has that nice rod sleeve

i'm in the same boat you are A Biley.. i went from 2 ten year old rods one year ago to about 7 setups and a boat this year. LOL

cumaras, curados, and mg's, Oh My...

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    i'm in the same boat you are A Biley.. i went from 2 ten year old rods one year ago to about 7 setups and a boat this year. LOL

did you say BOAT?! PUDD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    did you say BOAT?! PUDD!!!
    yup... i bought Rooster's old Duroboat... its been great to me thus far.. and i do have the annual pass for the Pudd. Haven't been out there much lately, but will be in the coming weeks/months. I'll hit you up sometime. Just kinda tough cause i dont have a truck to pull it right now. Gotta borrow my bro's when ever i can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast