Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice

thanks man my decision to go check out my prospect there really wasnt that hard to make. I look around everyday and see people losing homes and jobs like its nothing. i was hit with a 9k tax owed this year even though i payed my quarterlies on time and correctly. im sad to leave my country but i have a feeling its only going to get worse, theres oppurtunity knocking for me over there, plus an abundance of hot aussie chicks who dig americans! Ive been looking at some fishing sites of the area i will be in (wellington point) and the fishing looks hot hot hot, the house i will be staying in is about 10 minutes from the cost and is on moreton bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Congrats on the decision!!

I would start hitting some fishing boards (like minds) and other local boards for the area you going to.. Ask questions and see if you can get the info you are looking for that way...
    Sometimes 'regular' guys, are the best source for true info and help, they have no financial agenda....

By August you could be talking funny...

Onyx,

I'll be visiting.....and you know I'm not joking either!

I'm trying to think of what I could say after previously staying there for a couple of months.....

If you're into guns you're going to be VERY unhappy, since their laws are drastically different than our own...

You're correct to assume Aussie chicks like American guys...

There are snakes there that they do not have anti-venom for, if you're hiking take a walking stick...

Crocs can be found several miles from water, so when you're in the northern half of the country don't do anything stupid...

The country for the most part is very sports mad... cricket, rugby, Aussie rules football, tennis, golf, some hoops and soccer...

A lot of them really like their minced meat pies, I never could get a taste for them personally...

To say that Vegemite tastes horrible is an understatement. It's hard to describe, I haven't tasted anything like it before or since.

And finally, do NOT call Koalas.... Koala Bears, unless you are looking to get lectured about how they are NOT a bear.

A lot of the southern part of Australia actually reminded me a lot of various spots in California, visually at least, the people are obviously fairly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Boracho View Post
    In august i will be going to australia for 3 weeks. Its kind of a vacation but mainly its to see if i want to go live there permanently.
    Has anyone here ever lived abroad for a long duration of time?
    I need some advice on how i should prepare for this move, what do i do with all my stuff, sell it leave it with someone? i cant take it all.
    What about financial responsibilities like credit cards and such.

As far as what im going to do when i get there, i already have a place to stay and a job lined up.
    any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Onyx,

When you join the Aussie FNN website, you need to change your screename to Joey_Boracho.

This picture has awesomeness written all over it. I officially have a new avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Boracho View Post
    This picture has awesomeness written all over it. I officially have a new avatar!

LMAO!

Nice seeing you guys at Fred Hall show Onyx.....
    We'll have to sit and discuss the Aussie life over a cold one at Parchers!

Dana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12