Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Angels News

Quote Originally Posted by Scoring Machine View Post
    And a Coor's light, lifted suspension for his truck, a barbed wire tattoo around his bicep, and a TAPOUT shirt.
    ...that's a very offensive stereo type there, SM... for your information not all armband tatoos are barbed wire, some are tribal... and not everyone wears a TAPOUT shirt - some sport their "TAPOUT" as a decal on their rear window and wear no shirt at all...

I thought my Rally Monkey senses started tingling.

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
    I thought my Rally Monkey senses started tingling.
    "make noise and they will come"

TD

AHHHH what a great time to get home from Iraq almost time for opening day!!!. Was watching MLB network today... looks like fuentes is having some back problems........ SUCKS for you guys.

And a Coor's light, lifted suspension for his truck, a barbed wire tattoo around his bicep, and a TAPOUT shirt.
    I prefer Affliction. TapouT is soooo 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by brando123 View Post
    AHHHH what a great time to get home from Iraq almost time for opening day!!!. Was watching MLB network today... looks like fuentes is having some back problems........ SUCKS for you guys.
    Brando123,

First off, congratulations on your safe return.

Secondly, hmmmmm.

1. I didn't even know the Angels HAD Brian Fuentes

2. I didn't even know they were gonna trod him out to be their closer.

I feel like I'm slipping and not covering Angel news efficiently enough. Apologies.

The Los Angeles Times' Mike DiGiovanna reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim starting pitcher Ervin Santana (elbow) was diagnosed with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right elbow and will begin the season on the disabled list. He has been shut down from throwing indefinitely; no timetable has been set for his return.

This is the second in a 3-5 story series that occasionally results in the pitcher getting ligament replacement surgery. And if nothing else, he is continueing the pattern of putting up good numbers every other year. Maybe his arm just isn't able to throw 200+ innings a year.

What does that leave? Lackey, Saunders and The Dream Weaver?

Lackey is solid, there's not much doubt about that, I'm not sure that he's a dominant #1, but he's definitely a front end of the rotation guy.

Saunders had a very solid season last year. It'll be interesting to see if he builds upon that or slides back to his previous form that includes an ERA closer to 4.5 than 3.5, he also threw about 200 innings last year which is double what he did either of the previous two seasons in the big leagues. Some arms handle that well, while others like Santana do not.

The Dream Weaver... he REALLY needs to reverse his current trend which has seen his stats get worse each of the three seasons he has been in the majors. What is more realistic is throwing out his initial 2 months (or however long it was) stint with the Angels and look at the last two seasons. Those two seasons show a pitcher whose record is a little over .500 with an ERA a little over 4.

Other than that what is out there? Kids? The Corpse of Escobar?

I guess it really doesn't matter since it will take about 90 wins to win the AL West unless Oakland's young pitching is better than advertised.

What does that leave? Lackey, Saunders and The Dream Weaver?

Lackey is solid, there's not much doubt about that, I'm not sure that he's a dominant #1, but he's definitely a front end of the rotation guy.
    Angels' John Lackey may not be ready for opening-day start

source: Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Tempe, Ariz. -- Angels ace John Lackey has been shut down because of elbow tightness, an injury that knocked the right-hander out of Friday's exhibition start and could jeopardize his scheduled opening-day start against Oakland on April 6.
    Damn elbows.

Seems like everytime I turn on the TV someone else is injured. I think its just spring training hype.

Been kinda quiet around here, so I'll post this gem I found:

The first two weeks of this season have certainly been ones to forget, particularly for Shields and the rest of the Angels' bullpen. Through the first 12 games, they have the highest ERA of any relief crew in the majors (8.31), the highest WHIP (1.93) in the AL (second-highest in the majors), have allowed the second-most runs (38 including six unearned) and the highest batting average in the American League (.310). Five of the Angels' first eight losses have been charged to relievers, tied with the Washington Nationals for the most in the majors.
    Plenty of baseball left, though.

So was it the Dodger bullpen or halo's that everyone was so concerned about in Spring training?

Tonight in NY was a joke for Anaheim(yup I said it...Anaheim! )

TD

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast